2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 with the 2.0L Skyactiv and 6 spd Manual. I plan on doing a change of fluid soon but can't find a specific video on the 2.0L with a Manual. I assume if I get under the car and remove the splash guard, I'll probably find the drain plug pretty easily but more interested in finding the fill plug.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You'll want to do this with the vehicle hot, and with it level. Also, ALWAYS remove the fill-plug before you remove the drain plug... because if you remove the drain plug - but for some reason are then subsequently unable to remove the fill plug... then you're rather "Hooped"... No more lubricant inside the box... but no way to fill it up, either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay guys, just need clarification that this is the fill plug. It was 21mm and has a spring behind it. The spring is making me second guess myself. Is this it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep thanks. Figured it out after looking down more. I put the top one back in and tightened it up. Job is done as of an hour ago. 1.5qts came out, almost 2 qts back in. Used Redline MTL GL4

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Okay guys, just need clarification that this is the fill plug. It was 21mm and has a spring behind it. The spring is making me second guess myself. Is this it?

View attachment 275866
When removing stuff.. don't guess..

23mm for fill plug. Don't lose the OEM metal stopper. Flat and level surface.
CK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kindly report on the shift feel u get with the Redline...
Shifting is great. It wasn't terrible before I changed it though. It was low from the factory as some have pointed out in the past so near 75K miles I figured it was a good time. So basically if redline MTL is available to you, I would recommend it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts