2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just picked up some 2010 MS3 wheels (18x7.5 +52.5) for my 2010 mazda 3s and are currently getting them powder coated dark gunmetal like the RX-8 r3 wheels. I plan on putting on some 225/40-18 tires on them, and I want them to be flush with the fenders so I plan on getting some spacers. I'm running this off stock height, with a chance of lowering it in the possible future with either eibach prokit or coilovers.

My question is what size spacers should I get? Also, what brand?

I guessing 5mm spacers for the front and 10-12 mm spacers for the rear, but I just want to make sure that this will work + avoid any type of rubbing. I'm going off the offset calculator which says the MS3 wheels would be extending 6mm farther out, and I remember reading it needs to be around 10mm over stock to be flush in the front and 18-20mm for the rear.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I've got 15mm Ichiba version 2 spacers. My Enkei's are 8mm less than stock so that brings me out 23mm. No rubbing front or rear and I brought my camber out to -1.1 in the rear instead of the stock -1.8. I'm lowered 1.25" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. If you don't want to do a fender roll then don't go more than 18mm out from stock. Without a rear fender roll and a camber kit you'll never truly look flush though. Reason being that the rear fender lip is nearly 11mm wide. Remember also that lowering actually helps you get lower offset wheels into the front fenders because it adds negative camber automatically. You need the extra camber in the front because you can't really roll the front fenders. Well, you can but they are partially rolled already and it's a royal pita to roll them anymore without rippling the front fenders. I still need to get my front a little lower, not completly happy with it. Maybe H&R springs will do it for me.

Attachments

Reactions: suoo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow warlord, that looks great!

Just to clarify, 18mm over stock is the maximum for no rubbing applies for both the front and the rear? so 6mm over stock from the ms3 wheels + 10 or 12mm spacers would be the most flush on the front and back without rubbing or having to do a fender roll?

Sorry if I'm just restating things, I'm new to all this and it's amazes me that there's so many different things to consider with wheels.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Yep. 18mm less offset with 225 tires and being lowered will get you flush in the front with no rubbing or rolling. In the rear you will still not look flush though because of the extra camber when you lower. So just get the SPC rear camber links and adjust the rear tires out till your as close to the fender lip as you can get. You still won't be perfectly flush but you'll be close. If at a later date you decide to roll then you can use the SPC's to bring you wheels out even farther and get more flush. You'll have to change your studs out for longer ones with 10mm spacers because bolt on spacers don't start till 15mm.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ICHI...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b2675a90

·
Go Fast
222 Posts
Yep. 18mm less offset with 225 tires and being lowered will get you flush in the front with no rubbing or rolling. In the rear you will still not look flush though because of the extra camber when you lower. So just get the SPC rear camber links and adjust the rear tires out till your as close to the fender lip as you can get. You still won't be perfectly flush but you'll be close. If at a later date you decide to roll then you can use the SPC's to bring you wheels out even farther and get more flush. You'll have to change your studs out for longer ones with 10mm spacers because bolt on spacers don't start till 15mm.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Have you heard of anyone running 15mm spacers with the stock MZ3 wheels? I plan on getting them when I swap the stock setup out but it'd be great to use them in the mean time.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I'd go with 20mm for the stock wheels. That would be flush.

Reactions: AJSanDiego

·
2010 MS3
244 Posts
I would be wary of Ichiba spacers with MS3 wheels unless your up to doing some modifications to your wheel studs. I have a MS3 with the stock wheels and I got 15mm Ichiba spacers to put on, but the stock wheels wouldn't sit flush against the spacers because the stock wheel studs stuck out too far through the spacer and were hitting the wheel...

To make the spacers and wheels work, I had to cut about 7 threads off of each wheel stud for the the wheel to sit flush against the spacer.

Let me know if you have any other questions... Good luck.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
If you use 20mm in the rear you won't have that problem with speed wheels. The stock 17" wheels won't have a problem with 15mm as the recesses are deep enough to accommodate the stock studs

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thankyou so much for ur input but I think the 3i has 16"s :/ would that make a big difference in the spacers I should get.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
16's will be the same as all the other wheels. We all have the same offset (+52.5) Get 20mm. You'll be happy and pretty flush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts