2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, who sells a good replacement ball joint for a 2013 speed3? preferably grease able. I found a bunch for the first gen but i am unsure if these are the same for the second gen.

Ive done some reading and most people are saying just replace the entire LCA but i have the tools/press/air tank and i want to just change my ball joint.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I believe the MOOGs are greaseable, but not 100% positive. Most of the MOOG items for the 3 that I've run into have been greaseable, but I don't have a clue what grease they use.

I wasn't even aware we could remove the balljoints until Adam at M3F did his:
Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - STF build Thread

Somewhere in that thread I think he mentioned he came across some that were greaseable, but to be completely honest... for a $5 part?
Why get greaseable when it will deteriorate before you even really need to grease the thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking grease able to eliminate changing the ball joint every 40k miles. lol but you are right, rockauto sells em for next to nothing.

do i have any more options besides basic stock style replacment. i mean does anyone sell a good aftermarket ball joint?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not that I've seen, definitely nothing from whiteline unfortunately which is annoying; but it's possible there isn't anything because I have a feeling the early cars you couldn't remove them (I don't honestly know, but I swear I recall reading long ago they could not be removed which seemed rather silly at the time).

But no huge suspension names besides whatever you can indeed find on rockauto or otherwise.

If you're blowing them every 40k something is very wrong.
They should easily last well over 150k... at which point they're toast, but point being, I'm sure people are riding on some well over 200k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts