2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am just writing to let the community know that I am planning on swapping the mazdaspeed 3 hood and put it on my 4 door. I know I have to order the fenders and the bumper also but I am ok with that. I kind of like the way the MS 3 Fenders look. Hopefully, I should have this by fall since I need to work a little for it lol. I will provide some really needed pictures about this mod so people can finally see how it looks.

So expect me to have it done by around august-September. I hope this will be really helpful for the Mazda 3 community :)

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
I am lost as to why no aftermarket fiberglass or carbon hoods are available for the 3 that have a nonfunctional Speed style scoop.

·
ZOOM ZOOM
411 Posts
I am lost as to why no aftermarket fiberglass or carbon hoods are available for the 3 that have a nonfunctional Speed style scoop.
I know CorkSport conducted a poll on this site to see what style(s) of aftermarket hoods the community would be interested in, but I haven't heard anything about whether they plan to follow through on producing anything.

·
zoom zoom
737 Posts
you might be better off looking in a junk yard. you can ind the speed 3 front bumper on ebay, but havnt found the hood or fenders. as far as the hood goes your better off getting a carbon fiber one. it would be cheaper

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
I know CorkSport conducted a poll on this site to see what style(s) of aftermarket hoods the community would be interested in, but I haven't heard anything about whether they plan to follow through on producing anything.
I wish they would make a NACA duct for the hood. I might end up doing a custom job in the future for one paired with an airbox for the Simota. Way down the road though

·
1,272 Posts
Seems like we had one of these just a little while ago... Oh wait, it's because we did.

·
1,272 Posts
Wow, I'm an idiot. My apologies to Alejo. I saw another thread about a speed3 hood and saw a few key words in the OP and thought it was another "does the speed3 hood fit the mz3??" thread. Just re-opened the thread.

Again, sorry about that Alejo - I'll read the ENTIRE first post from now on :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like an expensive project. No offense, but the end result would be more drag on a 2.0 (assuming you have a 2.0)
It's going to be around $764 for the price of all the parts. And I am just going to round up installation and other unexpected costs and bring the whole mod to around 1000 dollars. Yeah, I understand what might happen, but I might also end up getting an intake after the hood has been installed.

·
MazdaTurnedScooby
143 Posts
Hi guys, I am just writing to let the community know that I am planning on swapping the mazdaspeed 3 hood and put it on my 4 door. I know I have to order the fenders and the bumper also but I am ok with that. I kind of like the way the MS 3 Fenders look. Hopefully, I should have this by fall since I need to work a little for it lol. I will provide some really needed pictures about this mod so people can finally see how it looks.

So expect me to have it done by around august-September. I hope this will be really helpful for the Mazda 3 community :)
Don't let the nay-sayers bring you down! I say go for it, and good for you!!! Can't wait to see it.

:yes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't let the nay-sayers bring you down! I say go for it, and good for you!!! Can't wait to see it.

:yes:
Yeah man I know.. I can't wait to see it either either. When I finish school, I am gonna find a job and make some money quickly and get that sexy hood on my car

·
Registered
255 Posts
I NEED the carbon fiber one!

·
Pearl White Zoom!
732 Posts
emmmmm guys.... you gottad o some research haha :p
Hey! If your gonna post up pics like that, at least post em of a 3 in a different color!:argh 1:

.....that way I won't want one so baaaaaaddddddd!:tongue:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey! If your gonna post up pics like that, at least post em of a 3 in a different color!:argh 1:

.....that way I won't want one so baaaaaaddddddd!:tongue:
hahaha next time I will photoshop the color!! I been trying to reach the company who make thi MS3 style hood for sedan and hatch MZ3 but they dont respond my emails :(....... company is in taiwan

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would of just bought the Speed3 instead of going through all the work, kudos to you for taking a task!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
sorry.. but :rice 1:

but if you think it will look good... why not.. its your car.. not mine (then again.. .. i have the scoop already :laughing019:)

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts
Gotta agree with Oliver on this one. Every time I look at the picture, knowing that is a non speed I immediately think rice.
Not to mention that black on the silver car just looks like a fail, IMO.
CF or color matched would of looked a little better I suppose

1 - 20 of 44 Posts