Controllerghp967ya01
Bracket Rad.Grilleb63c507161
Cord Shortghp967sh01
Rear Channel Upper Bolt997400510b6
Lock Support Bolt9kk800620b8
Ornamentdd2f517301
Switch Steeringb68t664m0a1
Lower Platebbm468d422

The Radiator support core for the non MRCC model is different and is missing the bolts to attach the brackets. so I had to think on a solution for this.

so I made the nuts with a M6 rivet nut kit that I ordered on amazon

then I had to do the wiring. so I added two lines for the can hi and can lo on a joint connector that is located near the windshield water tank.
add ground and +12v ignition from the correct circuit.

I also added the as-build values for mrcc and distance support.
72004182845F0BF0665
72004230000BF095066 (lim&mrcc)

finally Calibration must be done using FORSCAN or IDS

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I decided to retrofit my Mazda 3 2018 with MRCC

After some research yesterday I finally complete the retrofit

I ordered these parts besides the radar.

Controller
GHP9-67-YA0
Cover (R) Sensor
GRT6-67-Z31A
Cover (L) Sensor
GRT6-67-Z32A
Bracket Rad.Grille
B63C-50-716
Cord Short
GHP9-67-SH0
Rear Channel Upper Bolt
9974-00-510B
Lock Support Bolt
9KK8-00-620B
Ornament
DD2F-51-730
Bracket Radar Sensor
B63C-67-XA2
Stay Bracket
GHP9-67-Z71

The Radiator support core for the non MRCC model is different and is missing the bolts to attach the brackets. so I had to think on a solution for this.

so I made the nuts with a M6 rivet nut kit that I ordered on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M59GTH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

then I had to do the wiring. so I added two lines for the can hi and can lo on a joint connector that is located near the windshield water tank.
add ground and +12v ignition from the correct circuit.

I also added the as-build values for mrcc and distance support.

the only thing left is the calibration that I hope will get done this night.
hello, tell me what did that cost?

#6 ·
I was lucky and I found a new radar on ebay for $200 but normally it could cost over $1000. I guess in a junkyard you can get a used one for a good price. for the brackets, screws and the emblem it cost almost $300.

the most expensive part is the emblem... it cost $140

the emblem has to be changed since the MRCC emblem is ceramic

#13 ·
I'd like to know if this can be added to the older model years. I have a 15 GS with manual transmission, radar cruise wasn't available for the manual in any trim at the time. I also have the older dash where the tach is digital and speedometer is analog. So I don't have any kind of display for the radar cruise there if it's needed.

Also the older steering wheel with the basic cruise controls.

I feel like this may not be as easy. Any thoughts?

#17 ·
It's not easy... but possible.

If you have the instrument cluster that has a dot LCD instead of the segmented LCD you will not need to change the IC. send a picture of your IC display to check

you will need to change the ABS module if your car doesn't have smart city brake support

and also change the steering switches.

#21 ·
Hi, @acastrolee

Also interested in MRCC retrofit but to BM model. Now collecting the info.

Unfortunately BM needs additional VCM-module and complete wiring to it to enable MRCC.

Did your car already have factory installed rear harness with stop lamp controller terminal on it or you made additional wiring?

Did you car had radar unit wiring under the bumper like my? see attached.
Thank you.

Attachments

Reactions: alextheGOAT
#22 ·
Hi,

No, My car didn't have the brake light module wiring for the car, I had to do it.... however I dont think its necessary.
and also, my car didn't have the wiring in the wiring for the radar behind the bumper, I had to do the wiring for it, however its pretty easy, just two CAN wires and the power

#25 ·
Would this be possible to add on a 2017 Mazda 3 Touring?
I'm asking this because the tech package (which includes MRCC) is normally only available on the grand touring.
Also the touring does not have a heads-up display, which if I am correct, that is where you control the options for the MRCC.
Another difference between the touring and grand touring is the IC -- the touring has an analog speedometer instead of a tach in the middle, but I'm not sure if this would make a difference.
So would this be possible to add without also adding the HUD and/or changing the IC?

Oh and how do you actually calibrate this stuff. Is there a guide or source online?

Most likely, I'm not gonna actually do this, as it just doesn't seem worth it for me. I'm just interested in how this works.

#26 ·
I dont believe it could be possible to add it to the Touring model without changing the IC. In Europe theres a Multidot LCD for the normal IC like the one of the Mazda 6 for non Grand Touring models.

I calibrate the radar using a Stainless Steel bowl in a tripod simulating the Original SST and using the instructions of the Factory Service Manual. The calibration process can be launch using FORSCAN instead of IDS.

you might have to change your ABS pump if your car doesn't have Smart City Brake Support

#33 ·
I am really interested in doing this on my 2014 M3. I have SCBS and i also have the LDWS and BSM on the car. Please could I get some advice on this.

I am in the UK

Thanks
Mark

#39 · (Edited)
List of items for CX-5 2017-2018 second generation

Distance Sensor
KD7J-67-XA1A

Bracket Rad. Grille
KB8B-50-721

Cord Short
GHP9-67-SH0

Rear Channel Upper Bolt