2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
521 - 540 of 548 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Here it is what I found about those DTC's: VCM
and to double check part numbers:
BODY RELAYS & UNIT (GJ**** 100001-300000) [01/04] | Mazda 6 General/China 10.2012 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq
BODY RELAYS & UNIT (GJ**** 100001-300000) [02/04] | Mazda 6 General/China 10.2012 | Parts Catalogs | PartSouq
I don't think anyone retrofit MRCC in a older gen M6 but @SergSlim got it working using VCM, maybe he'll help you.
Not sure what do you mean by older generation?
I have 2013 gen3 M6

· Registered
Mazda 3, 2015, SkyActiv, 1.5L, 120hp, 6AT, Touring+, Titanium Flash Mica
564 Posts
hiii,
need some help and information.
my car is cx-9 2019, if I read from the first post, I need Sensor Unit Radar (BAEK67XA1E) and tascapart say it's not compatible with my model, however from another built CX-5 from luyenok I need Sensor Unit Radar (KD7J-67-XA1G). which one that I should buy?

thank you.
BAEK67XA1E - Mazda 3
KD7J-67-XA1G - Mazda 2, 6, CX-3, CX-5, CX-9

However, based on Mazda EPC - CX-9 had Radar (MRCC) only starting from 01/2021 (Catalogue AETV08).

· Registered
564 Posts
After I retrofitted MRCC in my car, I also changed the configuration in IC, so that it does not disengage the MRCC when the speed drops below 25 kmph. In this video I describe how exactly it works with the given configuration change and what to expect from MRCC in city driving. Details about the config change can be found here in Ukrainian language: Установка адаптивного круїзу контролю (MRCC). Частина 7 – 1-200 км/год — Mazda 3, 1.5 л., 2015 года на DRIVE2

Reactions: shalafi111

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi @mihael546,

assuming the radar is in good working condition, I think your problem is that in 2013 model mazda was still using an additional module for radar to car communication it was called "vehicle control module".

When I retrofitted my car (Mazda 3 bm model) I faced the same issue, but in my case I was trying to install a CX-3 radar. On a try and fail procedure, I ended wiring the radar directly to CAN in the fuse box and, voila, it worked. In my case I think that my radar model had integrated the communication features that the additional module was bringing to the car, and so, once connected to Can, it started to communicate.

The communication pre wiring that you have in the car is connected to where the vehicle control module is supposed to be located (right side of passenger area footrest).

I don't know what would happen if you connect your radar directly to CAN line as I did, maybe at least you could see the module with Forscan.

Hope other members can confirm my theory so that you can find a way around to follow.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9 SE mediante Tapatalk
Hi, can not write to you, can you write me PM

· Registered
5 Posts
That's what I first thought, but afterwards I saw the calibration requested was not for the radar but for the yaw rate sensor.

Did any of you had the same DTC code?.

I am not afraid of radar aiming, just manufacture the tool and that's all, but the DTC seems to point to other calibration (yaw rate sensor) and not the radar one.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk
Did you fixed this YAW rate sensor problem (same problem forme with radar)

· Registered
5 Posts
yaw rate sensor now sorted out. (not sure how, i think i performed relearn)
now only "forward sensing camera" and "forward looking sensor" calibration missing errors.

what is radar? do i need to touch its settings?

i want to do calibration myself. i don't trust the mechanic 👨‍🔧 anymore..

in forscan, when launch "dynamic aiming of fsc"
it says to follow the operators manual. should i just drive over 64kmh on line visible road?

the cluster errors are still there...
How you sorted our Yaw rate sensor problem ?

· Registered
5 Posts
I have two same models of cx5, one of them wich was with broken forward looking sensor , and I replaced from second one which is in working state. It has already calibration , I made relearn configuration and calibrated sensors , but I get fault about yaw rate calibration in it

· Registered
Mazda 3 BN Hatchback
76 Posts
Hi all! the info in this post is really ussefull :)

I am planing to make this retrofit. I have Mazda 3 2018 (BN version), and i think that the code for the radar is BAEK-67-XA1C, but i have found a radar that i can buy it (used) for cheap, and the code is BAEK-67-XA1E.

I know that in the first post, in the list of the radars unit the E model is also together with C and B model but.. ¿is this for sure? Will work the E model with my Mazda 3 BN version?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
564 Posts
Hi all! the info in this post is really ussefull :)

I am planing to make this retrofit. I have Mazda 3 2018 (BN version), and i think that the code for the radar is BAEK-67-XA1C, but i have found a radar that i can buy it (used) for cheap, and the code is BAEK-67-XA1E.

I know that in the first post, in the list of the radars unit the E model is also together with C and B model but.. ¿is this for sure? Will work the E model with my Mazda 3 BN version?

Thanks in advance!
Last letter means revision.
So the latter - the better.

· Registered
Mazda 3 BN Hatchback
76 Posts
Hi all again. I have all the components so i am ready to make this great retrofit but i dont know how you people did with the cable connections. I mean, how did you got the 12v, can h, can l and ground. Did you cutted the previous original línes in your Mazda to make a join with the cable of the radar? Or is possible to join with them with a more elegant solution? Some picture of the “join”? Thanks a lot in advance :)

· Registered
332 Posts
Follow this diagram from bottom right, Radar Unit, locate joint connector C-60, click on it and it'd show the location and plug color "Dark Gray" that's a good place to splice CANBUS, White wire CanBus H, Red wire CanBus L.
For Power and Ground click on diagram Radar Unit and follow where factory connects power from Fuse Box, it's got a 15A (C/U IG1 F42) dedicated fuse from the Ignition Relay. Do the same thing for ground point G01, click and locate where in the engine to attach, or find a clean bolt near by. Of course you can choose any other place for power and ground but this is the way factory installation it's done and guarantees not to have any parasitic draw. Good Luck.
Data Link Connector

· Registered
Mazda 3 BN Hatchback
76 Posts
Follow this diagram from bottom right, Radar Unit, locate joint connector C-60, click on it and it'd show the location and plug color "Dark Gray" that's a good place to splice CANBUS, White wire CanBus H, Red wire CanBus L.
For Power and Ground click on diagram Radar Unit and follow where factory connects power from Fuse Box, it's got a 15A (C/U IG1 F42) dedicated fuse from the Ignition Relay. Do the same thing for ground point G01, click and locate where in the engine to attach, or find a clean bolt near by. Of course you can choose any other place for power and ground but this is the way factory installation it's done and guarantees not to have any parasitic draw. Good Luck.
Data Link Connector
Thanks for the info craz :)

May I ask what method did you use to join the existing wires to the new ones? A clamp? soldering iron?

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I read somewhere that's it's possible to change some configuration to allow cruise control engage from 1-200km, currently its only engaging fro 30-140km. Can anyone help me on how to configure it? what software/hardware I need?
my car is cx-9 2020 signature with stop & go

Thanks in advance

· Registered
564 Posts
Hello everyone, I read somewhere that's it's possible to change some configuration to allow cruise control engage from 1-200km, currently its only engaging fro 30-140km. Can anyone help me on how to configure it? what software/hardware I need?
my car is cx-9 2020 signature with stop & go

Thanks in advance
This method works for Mazda 3 BM.

521 - 540 of 548 Posts