2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys!

i am new in this community but i read this topic and looks very interesting for me. I have a Mazda 3 BM "sport line" Germany Edition. And i dont have an LDW, MRCC but have a (HBC) system. So I'm curious if it is possible to install the adptive cruise control and MRCC system. There are informations about Mazda CX-5 Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 BN but i can´t find informations about Mazda 3 BM. Is there somone who can send me links(or parts numbers) for parts that i need? Its look like, i need radar, logo emblem, cable, and buttons for steering wheel. Then i need reconfiguration software.

PS: Is there somone from Czech Republic ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello guys!

i am new in this community but i read this topic and looks very interesting for me. I have a Mazda 3 BM "sport line" Germany Edition. And i dont have an LDW, MRCC but have a (HBC) system. So I'm curious if it is possible to install the adptive cruise control and MRCC system. There are informations about Mazda CX-5 Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 BN but i can´t find informations about Mazda 3 BM. Is there somone who can send me links(or parts numbers) for parts that i need? Its look like, i need radar, logo emblem, cable, and buttons for steering wheel. Then i need reconfiguration software.

PS: Is there somone from Czech Republic ?
Hi,

I have retrofitted a BM version with FSC 1st-gen camera (for HBC and LDWS) and radar for adaptative cruise. In your case, if you already have HBC, you only need the hardware for the radar (radar, emblem, radar stand, short cord, etc.):

GHP967XA1E - radar
B45A67XA2A - radar stand
radiator grille - you have to choose one with pre-crash and parking sensor according to your needs:

B45F51731 - emblem for radar
GHP967SH0 - short cord (this cord is needed in case you have the radar installation pre wired behind your actual radiator grille) otherwise you have to run wires yourself to the fuse box to get power suplly and can comunications.

All this based on the fact that you already have SCBS and thus the Stop Lamp Unit already installed (the unit that replaces the brake relay and that turns on the brake lights in case that you brake or the radar or SCBS sends a braking signal).

Good luck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm going to try and clear things up and maybe someone can help diagnosing my problem. Either I have a coding problem, or one of the modules is faulty. This is the fault I get when MRCC is turned on.
View attachment 275089
My car (2017 CX-5 original with SCBS and Type B cluster) retrofitted with MRCC and Type A (multi display) IC.
All modules have no stored fault codes and aiming of both MRCC and FSC was completed successfully.
When I drive, above 30km/h I can activate MRCC cruise, indicator turns green and DRSS functions normal. LDWS/LAS seem to also function normal. The problem starts when slowing down below 30km/h, the display shows error "MRCC disabled below 30km/h" as in the picture above. Only way to get rid of the error message is to press the OFF/CANCEL button and press MODE to re-activate MRCC again above 30km/h. Also as posted above, my MODE button easily cycles between MRCC cruise and normal cruise without holding down MODE (this is not normal).
Now if I press and activate the AUTO HOLD feature manually from the button, the MRCC cruise will function all the way down to 1 km/h, and the "MRCC disabled below 30km/h" error message is not displayed at all. Also MRCC will not bring the car to a stop, requiring me to brake manually.
So my thoughts so far are that MRCC is not able to activate AUTO HOLD and the STOP and GO is inoperative, possibly due to a coding error.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking of testing another FSC, in case my original for some reason doesn't support MRCC or is faulty.
That mean your ABS unit not compatible with Stop&Go. You need to change the data to MRCC without Stop&Go or replace ABS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,

I have retrofitted a BM version with FSC 1st-gen camera (for HBC and LDWS) and radar for adaptative cruise. In your case, if you already have HBC, you only need the hardware for the radar (radar, emblem, radar stand, short cord, etc.):

GHP967XA1E - radar
B45A67XA2A - radar stand
radiator grille - you have to choose one with pre-crash and parking sensor according to your needs:

View attachment 275123

B45F51731 - emblem for radar
GHP967SH0 - short cord (this cord is needed in case you have the radar installation pre wired behind your actual radiator grille) otherwise you have to run wires yourself to the fuse box to get power suplly and can comunications.

All this based on the fact that you already have SCBS and thus the Stop Lamp Unit already installed (the unit that replaces the brake relay and that turns on the brake lights in case that you brake or the radar or SCBS sends a braking signal).

Good luck.
V/C-ASSY not required?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys,
My car is M3 BM, is my ABS support MRCC? Thx in advance.

ABS - Antilock braking system
Part number: B45B-437A0-A
Strategy : B45A-437AS-0-03

·
Registered
4 Posts
Excuse me, after I replaced the ABS pump, after initial calibration, an error code u0100: 00-2B could not be eliminated. What should I do? PCM module programming? Thanks

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just as info for everbody, who retrofits a radar unit: Mazda states to not swap radar units between vehicles - see this TSB.

In the TSB is a picture of two different models (CX-5 KE till 2017 and CX-5 KF from 2017-today) - perhaps the radar units are configured to the height/dimensions of the model (KE/KF/BN etc)... and perhaps thats why they only operate perfectly when of/in the same model... I guess thats the same with the FSCs Gen.1 (different part numbers) - just my guess, as Mazda does not write many details in the above TSB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Just as info for everbody, who retrofits a radar unit: Mazda states to not swap radar units between vehicles - see this TSB.

In the TSB is a picture of two different models (CX-5 KE till 2017 and CX-5 KF from 2017-today) - perhaps the radar units are configured to the height/dimensions of the model (KE/KF/BN etc)... and perhaps thats why they only operate perfectly when of/in the same model... I guess thats the same with the FSCs Gen.1 (different part numbers) - just my guess, as Mazda does not write many details in the above TSB.
I dont see an issue with that. with MAZDA IDS tool there's no option to relearn vehicule data, however with Forscan you can, and it works fine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That mean your ABS unit not compatible with Stop&Go. You need to change the data to MRCC without Stop&Go or replace ABS.
Hey guys, I'm happy to report my MRCC finally is fully functional with Stop and Go!
@luyenok was right, my ABS unit was incorrect.
My old ABS unit KB7W 43 7A0 B, replaced with the correct unit K123 43 7A0 B.
After replacing hydraulic control unit, bleed brakes and perform ABS module relearn/initialization. Clear codes and all ok!

Thanks to everyone in this thread for their support, I couldn't have done it without you all!

·
Registered
50 Posts
thx for reply, just wanna check is my ABS support standard MRCC? (not going to try stop n go)
i can't find any info online about my ABS unit.
I'm not so familiar with M3's.
What year, model and exact options does your car have? For example, do you have SCBS?

341 - 360 of 386 Posts