2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 357 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
No need to relearn FSC on my car (CX5 2017), just do it for ABS and SBS, but you can make a try to clear all errors.
Ok will try. Did anyone have to recode FSC? Because the as-built for FSC in a car with MRCC is very different from a car without MRCC. I'm having trouble coding FCS now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Something interesting I've noticed is that when I press the MODE button it cycles between radar cruise and normal cruise. As you press MODE the white indicator changes to normal cruise and also in the display it shows MRCC deactivated.
On my mothers CX-5 which has factory MRCC, the message does not show on the display and there is no cycling between cruise modes.
How does everyone elses work?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Something interesting I've noticed is that when I press the MODE button it cycles between radar cruise and normal cruise. As you press MODE the white indicator changes to normal cruise and also in the display it shows MRCC deactivated.
On my mothers CX-5 which has factory MRCC, the message does not show on the display and there is no cycling between cruise modes.
On my '17 3 it switches with a single click of the button. On the '18 6 GT loaner i had, you had to long press to switch and then it would say "MRCC deactivated".

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is 2014 M3, my batch are using 1st generation sensor. i will retrofit SCBS & FSC soon, MRCC on a later stage.
my plan is the FSC that i'm going to fit, must compatible with future MRCC retrofit.

i need advise from you guys, part number for FSC & radar that will fit my car. does your suggest combination required VCM?

·
Registered
232 Posts
You will lost normal cruise after retrofited MRCC, you can active LIM so MODE will switch between MRCC, LIM.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You will lost normal cruise after retrofited MRCC, you can active LIM so MODE will switch between MRCC, LIM.
I haven't lost normal cruise function after the retrofit I have both MRCC and standard cruise available. What I'm saying is that on the car with factory MRCC, I only have 1 function.

So after driving the car for a few days now and playing with MRCC, I've figured out that the Stop and Go function only works when I manually turn on AUTO HOLD with the switch. It does not function on its own as it should. And that is why I get the error message "MRCC cruise deactivated below 30km/h".
Could this be a coding error? I'm going to look at the ABS asbuilt and compare to my other car. I have a feeling MRCC needs to be activated in another module also for MRCC to be able to control the HOLD function automatically.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I haven't lost normal cruise function after the retrofit I have both MRCC and standard cruise available. What I'm saying is that on the car with factory MRCC, I only have 1 function.

So after driving the car for a few days now and playing with MRCC, I've figured out that the Stop and Go function only works when I manually turn on AUTO HOLD with the switch. It does not function on its own as it should. And that is why I get the error message "MRCC cruise deactivated below 30km/h".
Could this be a coding error? I'm going to look at the ABS asbuilt and compare to my other car. I have a feeling MRCC needs to be activated in another module also for MRCC to be able to control the HOLD function automatically.
You have to push and hold the MODE to switch to normal cruise. The "HOLD" is only for stop lights so you dont have to keep your foot on the brake, its not for stop and go traffic aka auto drive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You have to push and hold the MODE to switch to normal cruise. The "HOLD" is only for stop lights so you dont have to keep your foot on the brake, its not for stop and go traffic aka auto drive.
Thanks for your reply, this is how it works on a car with factory MRCC. However on my car with retrofit, i don't have to hold down MODE. I can just press it and alternate between MRCC and normal cruise. You are right about the function of the AUTO HOLD button. This means my MRCC cruise is not operating correctly as it does not engage HOLD on its own.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm going to try and clear things up and maybe someone can help diagnosing my problem. Either I have a coding problem, or one of the modules is faulty. This is the fault I get when MRCC is turned on.
IMG_20200121_073343.jpg
My car (2017 CX-5 original with SCBS and Type B cluster) retrofitted with MRCC and Type A (multi display) IC.
All modules have no stored fault codes and aiming of both MRCC and FSC was completed successfully.
When I drive, above 30km/h I can activate MRCC cruise, indicator turns green and DRSS functions normal. LDWS/LAS seem to also function normal. The problem starts when slowing down below 30km/h, the display shows error "MRCC disabled below 30km/h" as in the picture above. Only way to get rid of the error message is to press the OFF/CANCEL button and press MODE to re-activate MRCC again above 30km/h. Also as posted above, my MODE button easily cycles between MRCC cruise and normal cruise without holding down MODE (this is not normal).
Now if I press and activate the AUTO HOLD feature manually from the button, the MRCC cruise will function all the way down to 1 km/h, and the "MRCC disabled below 30km/h" error message is not displayed at all. Also MRCC will not bring the car to a stop, requiring me to brake manually.
So my thoughts so far are that MRCC is not able to activate AUTO HOLD and the STOP and GO is inoperative, possibly due to a coding error.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm thinking of testing another FSC, in case my original for some reason doesn't support MRCC or is faulty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its not a fault, most cruise controls disable under a certain speed. The AUTO HOLD IS ONLY FOR COMING TO A COMPLETE MANUAL STOP, NOT for auto driving. I dont know why you think its for stop and go traffic.
I have to disagree. I have another CX-5 in the family which came with MRCC from factory. And it certainly does "stop and go" in traffic when the MRCC cruise is set.
Here is a vid to show you how it works in traffic:

You can clearly see near the end of the video that the car came to a complete stop and after a few seconds, the MRCC system initiated the AUTO HOLD (green HOLD indicator illuminated in the IC). After which you can either press RES or touch the throttle to resume cruise.

321 - 340 of 357 Posts