2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi @fcorivas, @rixm6
I also have Mazda 3 2016 BM (not BN) with SCBS and want to install MRCC, but according to wiring diagram here is one more hardware needed - VEHICLE CONTROL MODULE (V/C ASSY) B45A-67-Y1X. so my questions are:
1) have you installed VCM for MRCC or it can be skipped?
2) is it possible to use VCM from Mazda 6 GJ ? (cuz it really hard to find this Unit)
3) is it possible to use Radar from Mazda 3 BN which do not need VCM according to wiring diagram.

thx in advance
Hi,

I also had the same doubt about that module, if I am not wrong is located on the right side of the foot rest from the passenger side. I really didn't check if I had it already installed or not....but I installed the radar, wired and coded it and it worked.

I have to point some facts about my installation:
- the radar is from a CX-3
- prior to the radar I also retrofitted the FSC, and when installing the radar I had to exchange the camera for other reference because of camera-radar incompatibility. If you only retrofit the radar I think this is not likely to happen (according to what rixm6 experience)
- I connected the radar directly to the HS CAN line because the pre-wiring of my car seemed to be damaged due to a front collision I had several months ago

I think that either that module is none existing (rare) or, if you have SCBS, is already pre-installed because when researching for it seemed to be linked to radar-PCM-ABS communications (as SCBS is).

Let's see if rixm6 can give you additional information.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I dont know about the 6s but in the mazda 3 VCM is not required for the facelift version, on prefacelift you need the VCM and the radar

·
Registered
40 Posts
does anyone has the wiring in order to connect the FSC to the system? Since I don't have the appropriate harness I might have to improvise part of it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
does anyone has the wiring in order to connect the FSC to the system? Since I don't have the appropriate harness I might have to improvise part of it.
I have the one for 2017 and 2018. no idea for the prefacelift

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I thought the VCM also controlled the SCBS, so if that was installed you would be okay.... any one want to confirm this?

I thought there was someone on here that had retrofitted on a BM 3 on this thread?

??

·
Immortal
251 Posts
Hi,

I also had the same doubt about that module, if I am not wrong is located on the right side of the foot rest from the passenger side. I really didn't check if I had it already installed or not....but I installed the radar, wired and coded it and it worked.

I have to point some facts about my installation:
- the radar is from a CX-3
- prior to the radar I also retrofitted the FSC, and when installing the radar I had to exchange the camera for other reference because of camera-radar incompatibility. If you only retrofit the radar I think this is not likely to happen (according to what rixm6 experience)
- I connected the radar directly to the HS CAN line because the pre-wiring of my car seemed to be damaged due to a front collision I had several months ago

I think that either that module is none existing (rare) or, if you have SCBS, is already pre-installed because when researching for it seemed to be linked to radar-PCM-ABS communications (as SCBS is).

Let's see if rixm6 can give you additional information.
VCM needed 3 BM 2013-2014 and 2014 6 GJ - after 2015 radar connected directly to CAN bus and FSC not mandatory for MRCC (my previous GJ 2015 didn't have FSC but MRCC and DRSS working without that)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi,

with my VIN number I have checked the components list and it seems I do not have the VCM module. But, I will check it phisically this evening and then I will confirm it 100%.

The module is marked with this description on mazda EPC "A (B45A-67-Y1XG) W/AUTO CRUISER;W/ACC- 151116 BM52** -135990", so maybe cars with auto cruise had it already installed...(but mine has standar auto cruise and according to EPC the module is none existant).

This evening I will unveil the mistery. It would be funny to discover that the radar could work without the VCM, but maybe that could be related to the usage of CX-3 radar.

Maybe the absence of VCM could also explain why when connecting the radar to the existing prewired harness (located behind the radiator grille) my car was not detecting the unit. Maybe the wiring was not broken as I supposed. It could be that this wiring is connected to the VCM and thus no signal was being transmitted to the rest of the car. Extrange though because now my system is working perfectly and the car throws no errors related to radar miscomunication.

For the standard cruise the VCM is not involved, at least according to Mazda service manual (picture attached).

For @charlyo I attach the pictures for FSC wiring on BM. If your car is equipped with SCBS then you have all the wiring needed on the laser sensor located on the windshield, you can manufacture a small harness and connect four wires in there. If you go this way I will send you wiring of the SCBS so that you can identify which wires are CAN, power, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok, confirmed, I do not have VCM but I have MRCC installed and working.

The only component present in the foot rest is the TAU and some harnesses (picture attached).

According to my investigations VCM receives all the signals from radar, yaw rate sensor, PCM, etc and processes them to make the adaptative cruise to work.

In my set up (2016 BM) as I have used a CX-3 radar and camera this function is distributed in between them and they are working as a whole to replace VCM (the radar asks for camera signal once connected, but this only seems to happen with my CX-3 radar setup)

So now I have some kind of Frankenstein set up that,luckily, is working as it should.

·
Registered
88 Posts
@fcorivas @rixm6 @acastrolee thanks for your reply. so if VCM is not needed for M3 prefacelift after 2014, could you pls share a wire diagram for correct radar connection ? I have only this one with VCM
Super easy, two options.

First check if you have a prewired harness underneath the radiator grill. The connector of this harness is located behind the grill, on the left side of the emblem and at the radar height. If you have it you can buy a short cord to connect the harness directly to the radar (short cord officially sold by mazda). This is the easiest and straightforward path.

Second is to wire yourself, four wires are needed:

- 12v under ACC
- mass
- HS Can high
- HS Can low

All of them can be routed to the fuse box, where you can connect all of them to pre-existing wires. I will show you where I have welded my Can wires and for power you can use a fuse splitter to get 12V ignited from one of the circuits connected to the ignition relay.

·
Registered
137 Posts
@fcorivas @rixm6 @acastrolee thanks for your reply. so if VCM is not needed for M3 prefacelift after 2014, could you pls share a wire diagram for correct radar connection ? I have only this one with VCM
Looking at the diagram, it is clear that the VCM operates the SCBS as WELL AS the MRCC so if you have SCBS you must have the VCM.

I am about to start down this road, I have sourced a used radar unit and then purchased the buttons for my wheel and a short cord. The radar unit will take a couple of weeks as it is in Australia, but i can wait for the great price i got it for!!

Will keep you all informed
Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
Looking at the diagram, it is clear that the VCM operates the SCBS as WELL AS the MRCC so if you have SCBS you must have the VCM.

I am about to start down this road, I have sourced a used radar unit and then purchased the buttons for my wheel and a short cord. The radar unit will take a couple of weeks as it is in Australia, but i can wait for the great price i got it for!!

Will keep you all informed
Mark
not necessary.

If you look at the diagram you dont see the lidar (SCBS) connected directly to the VCM, its sharing IGN circuit, but the lidar is connected directly to the CAN network. contrary to the radar (MRCC) that is connected to the VCM.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

with my VIN number I have checked the components list and it seems I do not have the VCM module. But, I will check it phisically this evening and then I will confirm it 100%.

The module is marked with this description on mazda EPC "A (B45A-67-Y1XG) W/AUTO CRUISER;W/ACC- 151116 BM52** -135990", so maybe cars with auto cruise had it already installed...(but mine has standar auto cruise and according to EPC the module is none existant).

This evening I will unveil the mistery. It would be funny to discover that the radar could work without the VCM, but maybe that could be related to the usage of CX-3 radar.

Maybe the absence of VCM could also explain why when connecting the radar to the existing prewired harness (located behind the radiator grille) my car was not detecting the unit. Maybe the wiring was not broken as I supposed. It could be that this wiring is connected to the VCM and thus no signal was being transmitted to the rest of the car. Extrange though because now my system is working perfectly and the car throws no errors related to radar miscomunication.

For the standard cruise the VCM is not involved, at least according to Mazda service manual (picture attached).

For @charlyo I attach the pictures for FSC wiring on BM. If your car is equipped with SCBS then you have all the wiring needed on the laser sensor located on the windshield, you can manufacture a small harness and connect four wires in there. If you go this way I will send you wiring of the SCBS so that you can identify which wires are CAN, power, etc.
I do have SCBS!

Thank you for the wiring! If you can send me the wiring for the SCBS I would be really greatful!

·
Registered
19 Posts
probably you mean SBS, not SCBS. SCBS is a separate module. in any case it would be great to see your MRCC retrofit :)

here is a wire diagram for direct RADAR connection as @fcorivas wrote.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear All,

Further to the above, do you have experience whether ADD (HUD) is required for the MRCC as well?

fcorivas: If I understand correctly in your car you have a "retrofit FSC" installed after your unfortunate accident, which - for me - indicates that you probably did not have a factory built-in IC with HUD unit either. ADD and FSC came together in Revolution / Revolution TOP setups right? Or maybe FSC only in Revolution, FSC + ADD in revolution top. I have M3 2015 G120 Attraction (probably same model as yours). It do not have any of the above either. Can hardly think about special package with ADD but without FSC...

If it works without ADD wondering if there is visual feedback on the IC while activating adaptive cruise control?

Thank you,
Attila

·
Registered
88 Posts
@attila.ficsor, my car already had the ADD. In my country the highest trim has ADD included but the radar and FSC were an extra package (in fact the only one available for that trim).

Regarding if it's needed or not. For FSC functions for sure not, you get an icon on the IC that blinks when LDWS is working and so does HBC (another icon).

For the MRCC and other related functions for sure it is. I do not know if the multi dot display, included on the IC not equipped with ADD, could show this info, but the owners manual does not point to that possibility. The manual states that the operation and settings of the MRCC are shown on the ADD.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Dear All,

Further to the above, do you have experience whether ADD (HUD) is required for the MRCC as well?

fcorivas: If I understand correctly in your car you have a "retrofit FSC" installed after your unfortunate accident, which - for me - indicates that you probably did not have a factory built-in IC with HUD unit either. ADD and FSC came together in Revolution / Revolution TOP setups right? Or maybe FSC only in Revolution, FSC + ADD in revolution top. I have M3 2015 G120 Attraction (probably same model as yours). It do not have any of the above either. Can hardly think about special package with ADD but without FSC...

If it works without ADD wondering if there is visual feedback on the IC while activating adaptive cruise control?

Thank you,
Attila
On European Markets there's a Multidot LCD instrument cluster. if you have the Multidot display you dont need to add the HUD

·
Registered
13 Posts
Finally I have MRCC in my Mazda CX-5 2019!!!!!! The problem was in the line 23. In my case, in adittion of the line 17 and 18, I had to change line 23. Everything is working as expected. To help another people my original lines were the following:
7200417BF0510000016
7200418000000BF0608
72004230000BF092137
And the correct ones to MRCC is the following:
7200417BF0572B4204C
7200418600F00BF0677
72004230000BF095167
thanks to all the people who contributed in this forum in particular to:
rixm6
luyenok
Diamonds_T (I used the data of block 4 of his mazda)
MrBen
acastrolee
Cilianunlock

This feature is amazing and also it is the closest to the autonomous driving!!!
Hi mbenitez

Now the MRCC is working from 1 to 200 Km/h ?
I have a Mazda 6 2018 with SBS/MRCC by default but I want to set the minimum speed from 1 Km/h...
My IC line's are:
7200417BF0570B4204A
72004182845F0BF0665

Can you help me ?

ALl the best !

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi mbenitez

Now the MRCC is working from 1 to 200 Km/h ?
I have a Mazda 6 2018 with SBS/MRCC by default but I want to set the minimum speed from 1 Km/h...
My IC line's are:
7200417BF0570B4204A
72004182845F0BF0665

Can you help me ?

ALl the best !
you can try:
720-04-17-BF05 72B4 204C
720-04-18-600C F0BF 0664

261 - 280 of 382 Posts