Controllerghp967ya01
Bracket Rad.Grilleb63c507161
Cord Shortghp967sh01
Rear Channel Upper Bolt997400510b6
Lock Support Bolt9kk800620b8
Ornamentdd2f517301
Switch Steeringb68t664m0a1
Lower Platebbm468d422

The Radiator support core for the non MRCC model is different and is missing the bolts to attach the brackets. so I had to think on a solution for this.

so I made the nuts with a M6 rivet nut kit that I ordered on amazon

then I had to do the wiring. so I added two lines for the can hi and can lo on a joint connector that is located near the windshield water tank.
add ground and +12v ignition from the correct circuit.

I also added the as-build values for mrcc and distance support.
72004182845F0BF0665
72004230000BF095066 (lim&mrcc)

finally Calibration must be done using FORSCAN or IDS

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I decided to retrofit my Mazda 3 2018 with MRCC

After some research yesterday I finally complete the retrofit

I ordered these parts besides the radar.

Controller
GHP9-67-YA0
Cover (R) Sensor
GRT6-67-Z31A
Cover (L) Sensor
GRT6-67-Z32A
Bracket Rad.Grille
B63C-50-716
Cord Short
GHP9-67-SH0
Rear Channel Upper Bolt
9974-00-510B
Lock Support Bolt
9KK8-00-620B
Ornament
DD2F-51-730
Bracket Radar Sensor
B63C-67-XA2
Stay Bracket
GHP9-67-Z71

The Radiator support core for the non MRCC model is different and is missing the bolts to attach the brackets. so I had to think on a solution for this.

so I made the nuts with a M6 rivet nut kit that I ordered on amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M59GTH8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

then I had to do the wiring. so I added two lines for the can hi and can lo on a joint connector that is located near the windshield water tank.
add ground and +12v ignition from the correct circuit.

I also added the as-build values for mrcc and distance support.

the only thing left is the calibration that I hope will get done this night.
hello, tell me what did that cost?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello, tell me what did that cost?
I was lucky and I found a new radar on ebay for $200 but normally it could cost over $1000. I guess in a junkyard you can get a used one for a good price. for the brackets, screws and the emblem it cost almost $300.

the most expensive part is the emblem... it cost $140

the emblem has to be changed since the MRCC emblem is ceramic

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'd like to know if this can be added to the older model years. I have a 15 GS with manual transmission, radar cruise wasn't available for the manual in any trim at the time. I also have the older dash where the tach is digital and speedometer is analog. So I don't have any kind of display for the radar cruise there if it's needed.

Also the older steering wheel with the basic cruise controls.

I feel like this may not be as easy. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd like to know if this can be added to the older model years. I have a 15 GS with manual transmission, radar cruise wasn't available for the manual in any trim at the time. I also have the older dash where the tach is digital and speedometer is analog. So I don't have any kind of display for the radar cruise there if it's needed.

Also the older steering wheel with the basic cruise controls.

I feel like this may not be as easy. Any thoughts?

It's not easy... but possible.

If you have the instrument cluster that has a dot LCD instead of the segmented LCD you will not need to change the IC. send a picture of your IC display to check

you will need to change the ABS module if your car doesn't have smart city brake support

and also change the steering switches.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
It's not easy... but possible.

If you have the instrument cluster that has a dot LCD instead of the segmented LCD you will not need to change the IC. send a picture of your IC display to check

you will need to change the ABS module if your car doesn't have smart city brake support

and also change the steering switches.
thanks for the reply. i'm thinking that this simply is not worth the trouble and cost as much as i really do want this feature.

i do have the segmented LCD dash so that's one plus. it looks just like this one except in metric:

i do not have the smart city brake support. that option was only available with the GT and the added tech package at the time. i don't think that's going to be an easy addition.

changing the steering switches...sounds more like replace the steering wheel. maybe i'm wrong?

either way, is sounding like it's just not worth it. i'm not unhappy with the standard dumb cruise control, just always thought that the adaptable version would be great. still an upgrade from my old car which had not cruise control. or much of anything else for that matter. i added in power lock remote and power windows to that thing. living the high life for sure!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the reply. i'm thinking that this simply is not worth the trouble and cost as much as i really do want this feature.

i do have the segmented LCD dash so that's one plus. it looks just like this one except in metric:

i do not have the smart city brake support. that option was only available with the GT and the added tech package at the time. i don't think that's going to be an easy addition.

changing the steering switches...sounds more like replace the steering wheel. maybe i'm wrong?

either way, is sounding like it's just not worth it. i'm not unhappy with the standard dumb cruise control, just always thought that the adaptable version would be great. still an upgrade from my old car which had not cruise control. or much of anything else for that matter. i added in power lock remote and power windows to that thing. living the high life for sure!
Sounds like you will need to change the IC in case you want MRCC.

however if you want to have normal cruise control you will only need to add the steering wheel you can only add the cruise control switch to your steering wheel and change the as-build to enable cruise control

hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds like you will need to change the IC in case you want MRCC.

however if you want to have normal cruise control you will only need to add the steering wheel you can only add the cruise control switch to your steering wheel and change the as-build to enable cruise control

hope it helps.
As I have already stated, my car came with the standard cruise control. I was just hoping that adding adaptive would be relatively easy. Not so much.

Thanks for your help, cleared a few questions up for me weather it was the answer I wanted or not :p

1 - 20 of 424 Posts