2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Fellow mazda misfits , can any one help / or guide in the right direction for the following ,

Losing my peace of mind in searching this ( manual book informs only type A and Type B cluster information ( Bone stock is type C doesn't say anything about this) We picked up new to us a 15 mazda 3i sv ( simple version ) no , bluetooth , no cruise control , no steering wheel control buttons. But this is the wife's car and she is a " minimalist ".so whatever.

But i been trying to search and experiment this type C cluster and i see we don't have a mpg monitor display , nor oil level monitor display ( % oil level left ) is there no way around this correct ? all we have is one simple techno meter and it just shows total miles on vehicles but not even "left to empty display number display" , just a meter.

For oil changes , how do i know when its time to change it , does the oil icon light up on dashboard? i been used to seeing a % countdown through out my previous vehicles.

any help or link you can provide that discuss this on here. ? thanks in advance !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Every x months or y miles/kms, like the manual says. Personally, I hate that my car tracks that and puts a wrench on my dash. I must be old school.

Reactions: GerryB

·
Registered
301 Posts
Does she put on a lot of miles per year? Or few? If she drives the car less than 10k miles per year, go by # of months. Supposedly you shouldn't go longer than 12 months for oil change intervals.

If using partial synthetic motor oil, I would make the change interval at 5k miles, because it is easier to keep track of than 7500 miles. If using full synthetic, then a 10k mile interval is sufficient and very easy to keep track of.

I ignore what the dashboard tells me on my cars for oil changes. An oil analysis with blackstone is the way to really determine how your oil and car engine are performing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the info .. she will be driving 80+ miles a day for at least days times a week... Ill shoot for every 10k then ..but for the record , i am corrections the i sv model will not feature any of those monitor displays correct ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm really not sure about what your car will or will not display. My guess is it won't show you anything, but either you could call the dealer to find out, or you'll know within the first year for sure! Also, you should be able to find the owners manual online and download it for free. It will cover all the features of your model.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really not sure about what your car will or will not display. My guess is it won't show you anything, but either you could call the dealer to find out, or you'll know within the first year for sure! Also, you should be able to find the owners manual online and download it for free. It will cover all the features of your model.

Im guessing i have the wrong owners manual. Mine has all the info for the isport trims and above but no info on 3i sv trims. And yes will be heading to the dealer for informati

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah, I've got the minimalist model "i" or whatever silly thing they call it, and it doesn't have all that glitter. That's why I bought it. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I only drive 7500-8000 miles a year with my '14 Grand Touring Si. So I change the oil every six months. If I waited for 10000 miles, it would be every 15 months or so and that seems a bit much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts