2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I didnt start using my usb stick until a couple of weeks ago when I noticed that my ipod was starting to act a little funny. Anyway I moved all of my songs over to this nice drive and everything was great until I noticed it was not actually..

The first thing I noticed is at least half of my songs are missing - I thought it may have been my mistake so I went to double check and everything is there. I checked the formatting, tags, etc on this drive and everything seems to be hunky dory.

The second issue is songs will randomly not play. The system will see it as an "unknown track" even though it just played 20 minutes or 20 days ago. I will have to manually skip the track or else it just sits there doing nothing. I tried checking everything I could with one song that played vs one that didnt and I cannot find any idea why its not. The bitrate is the same, the format is the same, all the ID tags are correct... I am clueless.

The third issue is the system seems to make up some of its on files and save them on the USB drive. I understand it needs to konw where to resume stuff but I would think thats done internally. When I check out my drive on a computer there is a bunch of stuff that wasnt there before - $RECYCLE and SYSTEM mainly and also hidden duplicates like if a song is called Foo it will be saved in a random folder name and ".Foo". And no Foo played just fine...

Any ideas? I have had it reset by the dealership and the issue comes back, I tried hacking the informant to see if it would change anything and it didnt. My last idea was maybe its my USB stick but I tried it on two other friends cars and nothing. I am out of ideas and am getting quite frustrated.

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My current stick is 256gb. I first noticed the issues when I had a little 1 or 2gb stick and I ordered this new one - I thought the stick was going bad because its really really REALLY old. I have a ton of music and it would be nice to carry it all with me but I dont think the size is the issue, at this point at least.

OS 55.00.750 NA N
MusicDatabase 00.05.000
Fail Safe is 55.00.750

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great I think I bricked it. I updated according to the instructions, did the failsafe first. As soon as it finished it said "no restart required" and I hit ok. I went and did the button combination again to get into the screen (just like on the video) and as soon as I did the screen went black. I let it sit for five minutes and nothing. I tried restarting the car after another two or three minutes and the screen stays black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts