2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 3 sedan w/2.5 yesterday. Dealer didn't have one on lot in velocity red so they went and drove it back from another dealer. This red has a deep gold metalflake metallic in the red paint. Is that a new color or is that velocity red? Dealer said he hadn't seen that red before ! I'm in Sylva next to the Smoky Mountains. Kinky road heaven ! The Dragon's Tail is about 40 miles west of me but some of the roads between me and there I'll have to turn inside out to get there.
I thought about the Mazdaspeed3 but I like the lines better on the plain sedan. Believe me, this 2.5 with manual is plenty enough power to trash me ! My only complaint so far is about too many lights on the dash at night - it's like a freakin' 747 in there and I won't be using 50% of them.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Copper Red Mica.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My only complaint so far is about too many lights on the dash at night - it's like a freakin' 747 in there and I won't be using 50% of them.
you can dim it down with the lights on by pushing in on the button opposite the trip meter. kinda looks like a pic of a speedo on it. after you hit that you can turn it to further adjust your lighting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. I figgered out mine is the velocity red 'mica'. Looking at the website and at the reds from a distance at the car lot - it doesn't look metallic. But when I get within 12 feet (with my eyes) it's obvious.

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
Welcome and VR is a beautiful color in person whether it be on the 3, the MSM, the RX-8, the MS6....

I do envy you being so close to the Dragon.....I've got to make the drive down there one day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not necessary for me to rush over to the Dragon now. Just tooling around close to home I found hwy 64 from Franklin to Cashiers, NC. Tons of switchbacks - some are 2nd gear only. Another county road crossing a mountain range between me and Franklin was also 2nd gear switchbacks and the rest is like ski slalom. I took it very easy because I'm still in the break-in stage. Odometer reads 380 tonight ! Check out my pics....

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts