·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reactions: yobo9193

·
Registered
62 Posts
This kind of makes sense since all three cars that got bumped up the list have been redesigned since the last comparison that they did.

Also, I don't think including the 2017 would make too much of a difference since it is just a refresh and the 2.5 is in a different class/price point.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I enjoy Motor Trend's online videos, but their magazine is poo-poo. Car and Driver has always rated the 3 at the top of their list, and they tend to care more about subjective traits like sportiness.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think that's a fair review; although, like @yobo9193, I find Car and Driver to offer reviews that more directly address my criteria when choosing a car.

In order, my criteria are (more or less): Seating Comfort/Driving Position, Steering Feel, Handling, Brake Feel, Ride Quality, Smooth Manual Shifting, Progressive Clutch Take-Up, Price, Outward Visibility, NVH, Power, MPG, and Cargo Capacity.

With cars in this price range, one change I expect to make is aftermarket wheels and tires. I do that to get a much lighter package with stickier summer rubber so I can take advantage of the car's handling and steering qualities.

I take decent HVAC and radio reception for granted.

All of the rest (backseat room, cellphone integration, number of airbags, etc.) - these are of much less importance to me when it comes time to choose a new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts