2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i can get the passenger side motor mount outside of the dealer? the mazda oe ones are horrid and I want a better one. also does anyone know if the rubber insert in said mount is the same or will work from the 04-09 2.3 on the 2.5 auto?

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, the dealer actually was able to do It parts and labor for way less then I thought so im just gonna see if another oem one will last 71k miles and let them install it. diagram :http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/supermazdatech/2011-11-16_234249_mount.jpg

its the one labeled #3 in the attached picture/diagram I am also having them change the one labeled no1 mount rubber as it takes the grunt of the load when no3 fails so better to change them both, the tranny mount is ]#2 (not shown in the diagram) and it almost never goes bad, its just a flat plate with a bolt in it and rubber around the bolt hole so it rarely has issues.#4 in the diagram is under the battery and the battery must be pulled as well as the tray/box to even see it so I just let it be (doing numbers 1 and 3 are the 2 major ones and I did those 2 on my 08 and never had any issues with the #2 mount (actually the tranny mount) or #4 #3 fails a lot and then it eats the crap out of #1 due to the engine sitting in the wroing place and putting more reward force on the #1 mount #4 is just kind of a plate mount as well and does not look like it does much but hold that side to the frame. #3 is the main vibration dampening mount and #1 is the main support mount for engine movement and shifting feel. #4 from googling pics is just a bracket with no real dampening anything on it, so that's probably why it never has issues. #3 dies first then it kills #1 in the process as it has to overwork then occasionally #2 (not shown in my diagram, but considered the tranny mount) will occasionally have rubber rot issues but usually not until way high miles when mounts would fail on any car. this mount failing usually impacts rattle noise more then how the car feels or drives like #1 and #3 do.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the one?
SkyActiv Lower Rear Torque Mount [SKY-RMM] - $139.00 : James Barone Racing, Aftermarket Performance
Corksport has a similiar part. Its been discontinued. Once whats in stock is gone they aren't carrying that part anymore. NVH is way too much for daily driving by all accounts.

Or, you could fill the Mazda part with 3M Urethane.

Expect some increase in vibration transmitted into cabin in any case.
no the skyaciv mounts are a completely different design and are fairly robust I think they quit using the stupid liquid filled ones like my diagram in the post above #3 mount that is the common issue on 04-13 non skyactiv ones.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plus it looked like the coolant needed a flush it was getting fairly dark colored so I had them do that too, keeps me from having to clean up a nasty giant coolant mess on Saturday night after spending all Saturday making said mess with coolant everywhere and motor mounts too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts