2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a sample bottle from Mother's from our recent car meet, they were one of the vendors out there and I decided to give it a try and here are the results. Keep in mind a very light polish was done to it about 2-3 weeks ago.

20140618_155131.jpg

20140618_155101.jpg

20140618_155045.jpg

First couple of things I noticed about it:
- Very easy to apply and take off.
- Has a good shine to it for being a synthetic blend.
- Durability it seems to do well after a month. I tried it on my CF hood first a month ago.

The only con I can find about it, it's doesn't provide a real "deep" shine as compared to a carnauba wax. I wasn't as pleased on how my black mica looks afterwards BUT a fact you need to know about carnauba wax, it doesn't last long. Carnauba wax needs re-applying way sooner as compared to synthetic but synthetic lasts way longer. Just want to share my results to everyone here!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looks great! You could probably layer some carnauba over top of your synthetic to get that rich wet look. As you said, it isn't as long lasting, but I'm a big fan of layering to get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just thinking that, hopefully I have some time tomorrow to do that, waxing a whole car is tiring lol.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/images/Mazda3Revolution/editor/menupop.gif.pagespe

Just want to follow up on this thread, today I hit it with my Surf City Garage carnauba wax, there is a difference looks wise. Carnauba has a lot more depth to it, but let me repeat, this type of wax doesn't last long. You can see how the black mica is a more deeper black.

20140620_104846.jpg

20140620_104857.jpg

20140620_103423.jpg

20140620_104919.jpg

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks beautiful. Initially it looked like what the Meguiar's synthetic blend I use on my car, but the carnauba wax gives it that cherry on the cake look.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
There are carnauba paste waxes that although are more fussy to apply, do last very long. An example that I have used is collinite #476S. It will last 5-6 months. It takes a buttload more time and effort to apply than my go to spray wax (optimum), but it has more longevity. A porter cable or similar polisher is recommended if you need to use your arms the following day lol!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't really branched out trying other brands of carnauba wax just yet but the Surf City Garage (you can find them at pepboys & walmart) lasts maybe about a month. I think its a great wax if you're showing off your car for the weekend. For any darker color cars it really pops. It's easy to apply and take off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That looks great!
I'm sure you guys have probably heard of Collinite 845. It's probably your best bet for something that will last a long time. I personally haven't used it, but a lot of people do and claim it lasts for months. I use Meguiars NXT2.0 and while it's very easy to use it doesn't last very long.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I haven't really branched out trying other brands of carnauba wax just yet but the Surf City Garage (you can find them at pepboys & walmart) lasts maybe about a month. I think its a great wax if you're showing off your car for the weekend. For any darker color cars it really pops. It's easy to apply and take off.
Yeah...the optimum stuff is stupid easy too...spray on wipe off. It also only lasts about a month as well. I really haven't come across any wet/spray wax that lasts much longer than a month in practice. You pretty much need to go with quality pastes and a polisher to get the longevity. Some cheaper pastes only last a month as well.

Your car looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts