2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well crap I just found a good deal on some newer Mazda6 19's

They are the version that has the clear coat issue. but if you got them powder coated they would be perfect.
We are talking $200 for 5 wheels. supposedly in good condition and look so in the pictures.

OR there is another set locally that don't need to be coated for $500

I just got a lightweight set of Miata 17's and new tires for them so I am not sure if I should get them or not.

Who has these 19's and can you give me your opinions about them. Pics too if you have them handy.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
Post pics of your 17's...could get a buyer for them on here and help your decision making ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
Jut how much do those 19" boat anchors weigh? :eek::eek: They are about 31 lbs without the tire.:shocked: The whole 17" wheel/tire combo on my car is 37 lbs.
If you have light 17" wheels already, forget about the 19" behemoths. There is zero benefit from using them.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Love them.

They're definitely on the heavier side, but unless you're going to the track or tearing up the local roads/highways, they're of no difference from the 18s to the average driver.

I believe they're about 56lbs each -- wheel, tire, and 32psi. As I've freely admitted, I'm not a very spirited driver. The car does everything I need it to. I have the '14 '15 M6 GT Wheels which are classified as "bright silver". '16+ have a more gunmetal look to them, and the lower trim models have the more "silver alloy paint" look to them.

I say snatch them up

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm this doesn't make it any easier. I don't do any sort of racing but the car feels a little peppier due to losing some wheel weight.
But FULL wheel wells again would be nice, mine see a little empty at the moment.

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Hmmm this doesn't make it any easier. I don't do any sort of racing but the car feels a little peppier due to losing some wheel weight.
But FULL wheel wells again would be nice, mine see a little empty at the moment.
For $200 bro...do it. That's a steal -- those wheels aren't cheap. Even after refinishing or powder coating, you're still making out on the deal.

Then you can give us a full review on these heavy 19s vs. what you currently have. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed

·
Super Moderator
6,386 Posts
The proper way to reduce this "wheel gap" thing that everyone is so worried about is to lower the car, not put huge heavy wheels on it. If you have the Mazda OEM Eibach lowering kit, the car is only lowered ~20mm or so. Get it down to about 30mm in front, mid 40s in back and you'll close that "horrible gap" right up.:laugh2:
Keep those light wheels, spend the money on a set of H&Rs. 56 lbs per wheel is ridiculously heavy for a small car. Thats nearly twice the weight of the wheels on my MX-5.:scared:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The proper way to reduce this "wheel gap" thing that everyone is so worried about is to lower the car, not put huge heavy wheels on it. If you have the Mazda OEM Eibach lowering kit, the car is only lowered ~20mm or so. Get it down to about 30mm in front, mid 40s in back and you'll close that "horrible gap" right up.:laugh2:
Keep those light wheels, spend the money on a set of H&Rs. 56 lbs per wheel is ridiculously heavy for a small car. Thats nearly twice the weight of the wheels on my MX-5.:scared:
Its possible the H&R might eventually be a better spring choice but I think coil overs would be a better one. The Mazda OEM Eibachs which are a Linear Spring rate have a 25-30MM drop. the Run of the mill eibachs have a 20mm drop and are progressive in case anyone cared.

but I should restate what I was thinking in that I kinda want bigger wheels now that I have these smaller ones. That being said I am glad the stock 18's are gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts