2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The March issue of Car and Driver has an article on the state-of-the-art of interior design. They identify the best-in-class interiors in several categories based on the price of the car. At the very top in the unlimited class is the Bentley Mulsanne, then the next lower category is the Audi S8, which is followed in the under-$60K class by the Mercedes C-Class. And the winner in the final under-$30K class? Our Mazda 3 of course!

I agree with everything they praise about it and think that overall it is very well laid out.

Apparently they only consider design and ergonomics and not storage space. :laugh2:

·
Somewhere in the Matrix
170 Posts
I love my car! But, I do miss the pockets in the doors.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I love my car! But, I do miss the pockets in the doors.
I thought I would too, but I find that I'm just keeping less in the car and the car is more clean inside. I guess I used to stuff a lot of receipts and other junk in my doors. My wife asked me the other day, "why do you suddenly have a stack of receipts on the dresser. It's like you started hording them the last several months".

Never even thought about it, but I cured myself of my receipt issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I kinda like not sharing the armrest with passengers! My previous car (2010 Honda Fit) had no console, just a flippy little armrest on the driver seat. So my wife is used to it. :). I noticed over the weekend that her arm is never in the way when I need to grab something from the console. I'm OK with it. Now, if I could just break her habit of putting her feet on the dash...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love the interior design of the Mazda but unfortunately the exterior design is holding me back from selling my old Mazda3. Mazda needs to hire a crack team for exterior as they did for the interior design.

By the way those who say the new GTI has the best interior in its class have no idea.

·
Somewhere in the Matrix
170 Posts
I thought I would too, but I find that I'm just keeping less in the car and the car is more clean inside. I guess I used to stuff a lot of receipts and other junk in my doors. My wife asked me the other day, "why do you suddenly have a stack of receipts on the dresser. It's like you started hording them the last several months".

Never even thought about it, but I cured myself of my receipt issue.
I did the same thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.