2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Corksport SRI and TIH and the RSB last weekend. Easy install. Just make sure you rotate your clamp bolt threads away from your wiring harness etc so they don't rub on wiring.
Definitely more low end power and faster spool with the SRI. I found almost no diff in the sound except you can hear BOV more. (But then I've got some hearing loss from shooting handguns without earplugs and loud music:)
The sway bar really tightens up the body lean on tight corners to the point it's almost non-existant. Handles 90 degree corners like a go kart now.
Corksport backordered the RMM I ordered but it should be coming soon.

New rubber (Bridgsone Potenza RE90AS) coming next.

Still tweaking customized AP STG1/93 maps, but car is scary fast already, and a gas to drive as my DD. Thanks to this site and contributors for the good info which makes my drive to work soooo...freakin' good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
did almost hte same mods, and really opened the car up. I did TIP, SRI, RSB, and CS Springs and Motor Mount inserts and SSP all around the same time, and man my car feels so much better than it did 2 months ago when i bought it!

good feedback man. I didnt notice a large amount of power gain, (as expected), but yeah theres certain areas where tq is awesome and def doesnt feel as constricted. and that turbo sound is so beautiful.

Do springs/coils, it's such a good difference as well.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
What motor do u have? 2.5, 2.0, or skyactiv?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
They're 2.3 Disi

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah man he did the turbo inlet pipe, so that means MS3, which is the 2.3

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I didnt notice a large amount of power gain, (as expected), but yeah theres certain areas where tq is awesome and def doesnt feel as constricted. and that turbo sound is so beautiful.

I don't know if your aware but last week Cobb revised all their OTS maps for the Mazdaspeed3 and released them last week. They are version v2.31. Out of curiosity I loaded one on my car and they have smoother boost response and more power in the mid range where people complained that the previous maps felt weak. Boost now comes on as a smooth rush of power instead of it abruptly kicking in and feeling like your an F-16 being shot off an aircraft carrier. They also made the fuel tables a tiny bit leaner at part throttle and full throttle. I noticed that I'm getting better fuel mileage because of it. Up from 23mpg to 24mpg on my daily commute. It's worth downloading a new map from their website and flashing it to your car.

AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

Reactions: ezpotato

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
oh what I would do for a ms3 or a tuner like a cobb ap. Put them both together.... :eek:hmy 1:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Haha, the AP is fun to play with. I'm constantly making little changes. It's like driving a different car every time I revise a map and flash it to my car.

I don't really understand the people that just just flash a Cobb OTS map and leave it that way. The beauty of the AP is that it's totally customizable. If I wasn't going to tweek the maps I would have just bought a Hypertech tuner. It would have been cheaper.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't know if your aware but last week Cobb revised all their OTS maps for the Mazdaspeed3 and released them last week. They are version v2.31. Out of curiosity I loaded one on my car and they have smoother boost response and more power in the mid range where people complained that the previous maps felt weak. Boost now comes on as a smooth rush of power instead of it abruptly kicking in and feeling like your an F-16 being shot off an aircraft carrier. They also made the fuel tables a tiny bit leaner at part throttle and full throttle. I noticed that I'm getting better fuel mileage because of it. Up from 23mpg to 24mpg on my daily commute. It's worth downloading a new map from their website and flashing it to your car.
dude, i wasnt aware they upgraded em. my maps are about a month old, i am going to start messing around with them a bit when i learn a little more. just havent had time to learn how to really mess with em and feel safe.

i will try out a couple of the upgraded maps when i get back to my car later this week and provide feedback. thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
just saving up for the FP internals, and the catted CS downpipe is my next mod. cant wait!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noticed the improvement in the ver 2.31 MS3 maps too

You're right Warlord, you can tell that Cobb spent quite a bit of time refining those maps. Still, I lowered the Thr Req Load Norm Bats and found I got better mid range performance with some load based influence which Cobb claims to have negated with this version. Anybody else find this the same?

They sure got the WGDC's dialed in perfectly on the mark for their STG 1/93 target. Since I run more (a conservative increase) boost I had to up the WGDC's. I'm still playing with the AP. Work in progress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts