2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black chrome. Finally summed up the courage to mask off the grille trim and spray on DupliColor Shadow. I'm in love with the results, did the badge too.

Also Dipped the chin while I was at it. What do you think?

I'll get some daylights up tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Black chrome looks nice :D I've been wanting to do that too. Actually I have glossy black vinyl over the chrome trim right now but wanted to change it to black chrome vinyl after seeing it on a car the other day at the vinyl shop. Good work :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow that looks sharp! I might have to do this on mine as well.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
LOVE IT!! I am going to have to do this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The chin dip is the reason I am not getting the appearance package, well that and cost. Can you post pictures of the exact cans used to accomplish this? I think that would be helpful. Any Technique used also. It looks clean and I have a feeling people are going to jump on this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Black chrome. Finally summed up the courage to mask off the grille trim and spray on DupliColor Shadow. I'm in love with the results, did the badge too.

I am so glad you did this because I had mentioned this VERY same thing about a few weeks ago. I was thinking of getting the red mz3 and looked into that shadow product, The results look fantastic and has made my final decision, I just hope it would hold up, I don't like chrome and think it makes a car look very cheap(too plastic) I think black chrome makes it classy and sporty, nice job and thank you again!

·
Registered
247 Posts
The chin dip is the reason I am not getting the appearance package, well that and cost. Can you post pictures of the exact cans used to accomplish this? I think that would be helpful. Any Technique used also. It looks clean and I have a feeling people are going to jump on this.

I think this may answer your question :cheesy:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Reactions: BrashSpoon

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
you should not tackle the chrome trim around the doors!!!!

I think that would look awesome.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'd only use the black chrome paint on a black car. Every other color [car] I'd paint standard jet black gloss paint.

you should not tackle the chrome trim around the doors!!!!

I think that would look awesome.
you mean I should have left the chrome trim alone? I don't like chrome personally. All of it has to go. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts

How many layers did you use ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts