2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've only had my Mazda 3i GT for a few days, but I noticed that the shift knob doesn't appear to be leather as advertised? The steering wheel and the parking brake are definitely leather, but the shift knob has a different feel/texture to it? Is it possible the wrong shift knob got put on? Anyone notice this or know if it's supposed to feel different or is it supposed to the same as the steering wheel/parking brake?

Just seems odd...:wacko:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Just wondering if I should ask the dealer when I get my plates Monday...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine doesn't feel like leather, just hard plastic. I don't really mind though, so I haven't questioned it with anyone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I went to mazdausa.com and the GT trim levels of the 2014 Mazda3 have:

- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with red stitching
- Leather-wrapped brake handle with red stitching
- Leather-wrapped gearshift knob with red stitching

If you're in Canada, it might be different.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I have the s GT and mine it seems like hard plastic on the sides and maybe hard leather on top, with soft leather and red stitching around the boot. What is show on the Mazda website is exactly what I have, so no you don't have the wrong shift knob.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the s GT and mine it seems like hard plastic on the sides and maybe hard leather on top, with soft leather and red stitching around the boot. What is show on the Mazda website is exactly what I have, so no you don't have the wrong shift knob.
Mine's the same.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mmm, seems the text is just misleading then:

So it's the 'boot' that is leather with red-stitching maybe and the gearshift knob is hard plastic? My gearshift knob is definitely not leather with red stitching lol. Ok, well I'll ask the dealer about it Monday. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mmm, seems the text is just misleading then:

So it's the 'boot' that is leather with red-stitching maybe and the gearshift knob is hard plastic? My gearshift knob is definitely not leather with red stitching lol. Ok, well I'll ask the dealer about it Monday. Thanks guys!
Sounds like you're good. Technically, it's the boot that has red stitching and not the knob, itself.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So when I was at the dealer, I told him about it and we looked at all trims and they ALL have the same shift knob! Even the window sticker says 'leather-wrapped shift knob' but apparently none of the models are. It is supposed to be on i touring and above. He thinks it's a mis-print and it is supposed to refer to the shift-boot, but that seems really odd to me.

I contacted Mazda and let them know it's kind of crappy to have misleading information like this, especially when it's on the website, brochure and even the freaking window sticker on the car lol. Anyway, not a big thing, just this along with no connected services, not being to access text/email and now wifi being removed with v.31 of the infotainment software I feel there are too many things they 'promise' only to not deliver.

Anyway, other than that I'm happy with my car ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts