2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our 2015 Mazda 3 GT sport. A little disappointed that the features of the TECH package are different in the USA vs. Canada. The TECH package in Canada doesn't include FOW, Radar cruise control, TPMS.

Just wondering if those components are simply not in the car or just not hooked up? The dealership brochure shows all those options as does the website.

Our car does have the active vents though which the rep said wasn't supposed to be on the Canadian car.. not sure if they work...

Is it possible to add the missing components? or?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Just picked up our 2015 Mazda 3 GT sport. A little disappointed that the features of the TECH package are different in the USA vs. Canada. The TECH package in Canada doesn't include FOW, Radar cruise control, TPMS.

Just wondering if those components are simply not in the car or just not hooked up? The dealership brochure shows all those options as does the website.

Our car does have the active vents though which the rep said wasn't supposed to be on the Canadian car.. not sure if they work...

Likely not in the car. You need to have the sensors at middle top of the windshield for it to work.

·
Registered
412 Posts
oh, its got sensors.. lol..
That is the Lidar unit for the City Braking Assistant and also the stereo camera for the Highbeam assistant and Lane Departure Warning system.

The radar unit would sit behind the Mazda emblem in front of the grille and is responsible for the Forward Collision Warnung and ACC. This is not inclusif in the Group Technology for Canada.

It's okay, it works both ways. I would want a Mini 5-door but the same features in their Driver Assistant package are not offered in the United States, only in Canada. :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
It really angers me that companies do stuff like this. I really wish they would just offer the same options everywhere, instead of giving countries (usually in North America) super gutted versions.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I believe if you have a manual transmission, you don't get those features. I have the sGT manual transmission and don't have the radar cruise control and city break assist.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It really angers me that companies do stuff like this. I really wish they would just offer the same options everywhere, instead of giving countries (usually in North America) super gutted versions.
True, but I applaud Mazda for offering the City Brake Function in the first place, and ACC for the US. Ford, VW don't even offer the entire suite of Driver Assistance features in North America.

I've also said this before: A manual transmission technically does not preclude ACC or the City Brake function, as this combination is possible in other markets.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dude, I hear you all. I got my 2014 Mazda 3 Sport (TECH) in Dec 2013 (first batch) and I was so peeved to find that Radar Cruise and FOW was not in the Canadian Model but standard in the US version. If we were in Europe it would also have iStop, how do you like that? LOL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've also said this before: A manual transmission technically does not preclude ACC or the City Brake function, as this combination is possible in other markets.
I'd still be glad not to have the city brake system if I had a manual. If it braked when parking because of over hanging plants, etc it would be extra annoying stalling out a manual. I know the cx5 did that on top gear but it's possible they've improved it since.

Dude, I hear you all. I got my 2014 Mazda 3 Sport (TECH) in Dec 2013 (first batch) and I was so peeved to find that Radar Cruise and FOW was not in the Canadian Model but standard in the US version. If we were in Europe it would also have iStop, how do you like that? LOL.
I wouldn't want iStop. I'm usually stopped at a stop sign and either only for a split second or I am waiting on heavy traffic and when there's a gap, I don't have time to wait for the engine to start up again. Although I'm sure you could disable it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd still be glad not to have the city brake system if I had a manual. If it braked when parking because of over hanging plants, etc it would be extra annoying stalling out a manual. I know the cx5 did that on top gear but it's possible they've improved it since.

I wouldn't want iStop. I'm usually stopped at a stop sign and either only for a split second or I am waiting on heavy traffic and when there's a gap, I don't have time to wait for the engine to start up again. Although I'm sure you could disable it.
I don't think the City Braking function is that sensitive to activate over something that trivial. I've never had a false activation on my vehicle in 30k km of driving. In that referenced episode of Top Gear, he was about to drive it into a full-height hedge....which one shouldn't do anyway.

Automatic Start-stop systems usually give a few seconds of idle before shutting off, and the status is clearly indicated either on the board computer or thru the indicator light (Mazda). There is an overall defeat button, but some cars like BMW have the ability to override it on individual occasions. For example when I drove the X1 18d, I would pump the brake immediately after stopping if I wanted the engine to stay on for that single instance. So for example if I was waiting at a roundabout, I would pump the brake pedal and the system would indicate that I did not wish to have the engine stopped at the moment.

It's all clearly stated in the owner's manual that people often do not study in depth anymore......

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.