2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
*The Electrician*
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A small square cover has gone missing from my 2017 Mazda 3. There is 2 of them on the rear bumper and 1 has disappeared on me. Now initially I thought it was for the rear distance sensor, but having looked at both of the holes there isn't anything there, just 2 round holes with square body color matched covers. Im guessing its designed to work with rear parking sensors that are not available here. Now, seeming as there is no sensors below these covers, Im guessing nobody walked up to my car and stole it, tho I guess its possible, should I be trying to claim warranty on it? I mean it shouldn't just fall off and that small cover is probably $40+ maybe more because its body color matched. I'll post a picture shortly.

Attachments

·
*The Electrician*
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pics added, i kinda wish I could use them in conjunction with a paintball gun to discourage tail gaters lol

·
*The Electrician*
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so its a tow hook cover?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yup tow hook covers. Also we in Canada can get Rear Parking sensors, but those are aftermarket and are higher up than these two tow anchor locations. As an FYI the rear sensors are installed as a pack of 4 and each has a footprint of a thumbnail size approximately.

·
*The Electrician*
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup tow hook covers. Also we in Canada can get Rear Parking sensors, but those are aftermarket and are higher up than these two tow anchor locations. As an FYI the rear sensors are installed as a pack of 4 and each has a footprint of a thumbnail size approximately.
Well I learned something today lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, do you know where I can buy a replacement for those? I also missed one, but I can't find it anywhere by googling ... Thanks!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Reactions: JediMindTricks
1 - 10 of 10 Posts