2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
You’re gonna take it in or are you going to reattach yourself with some glue? And if you do take and then let us know what the dealership tells you about if there are others like you. This is embarrassing for Mazda for something as simple as a stupid mirror coming out.

·
Working Class Hero
3,630 Posts
Probably glued. Some liquid nails should do the trick lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is glued in (no clips). I added a couple of drops of some additional glue on it and stuck it back in. However, it will fall out again anyway because it does not have a friction fit to hold it in place and the sun will simply heat the glue up again and allow it to fall out. I now have a big towel on my center console so that when it does fall out again (and I am sure it will) it will fall on the towel and not the piano black part of the console.

The permanent fix is for Mazda to build a proper mirror that has a frame that actually holds the mirror in place.

Upon close inspection, I also suspect that the flip down door for the sunglasses will break soon, as the plastic pieces are so cheaply made that the sun will also heat it up and simply warp/melt them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I now have a big towel on my center console so that when it does fall out again (and I am sure it will) it will fall on the towel and not the piano black part of the console.
Could put a couple of rubber bands around the mirror to prevent it from falling off when the glue melts. Kinda ghetto but at least it won't fall off, at least until mazda fixes it.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could put a couple of rubber bands around the mirror to prevent it from falling off when the glue melts. Kinda ghetto but at least it won't fall off, at least until mazda fixes it.
At this point I will need rubber bands to hold my car together. It is literally falling apart every time I use it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine had this happen as well. I came out tho go to work one day and found it laying on the console. Mine has a large double sided sticky paper stuck on the mirror that comes loose from the plastic holder. Yesterday I was driving and looked up to see the side of the mirror wiggling on the right side and coming off again. I'm going back to the dealer even if it's just to let them know and I'll fix it myself

·
Registered
130 Posts
happened to mine. Dealership said they couldn't fix it unless it fell on their lap while they're testing driving it. Total BS, but they refused to fix it. Went to another dealership, got it fix.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had to get Mazda on the phone to get my dealer to setup a time for the PCM fix and I asked about the mirror trying to fall out when the weather is hot. I was told there is now a service bulletin out about the mirror and they are gonna fix it as well.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts