2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2 litre petrol Mazda 3 supplied to the UK has a 'mild hybrid' drive system. I can't find details of the technology used. In particular, how is the output from the electric motor coupled into the transmission and how is the hybrid system controlled?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 2 litre petrol Mazda 3 supplied to the UK has a 'mild hybrid' drive system. I can't find details of the technology used. In particular, how is the output from the electric motor coupled into the transmission and how is the hybrid system controlled?
The new 24V mild hybrid system features a 600 kJ lithium-ion battery (0.17 kWh). It's mainly used to power electronics in the car to reduce performance loss (eg. from A/C), and will be recharged from brake energy.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new 24V mild hybrid system features a 600 kJ lithium-ion battery (0.17 kWh). It's mainly used to power electronics in the car to reduce performance loss (eg. from A/C), and will be recharged from brake energy.
Press reports say this:

Mazda's M Hybrid system, a 5.8-kilowatt electric motor powered by a 24-volt battery, is available on the Mazda3's 2.0-liter, 122-hp Skyactive-G gasoline engine. The mild hybrid helps the car achieve fuel consumption as low at 6 liters per 100 kilometers and CO2 emissions as low as 136 grams per kilometer.

Hence my question - how is the output from the electric motor coupled into the transmission and how is the hybrid system controlled?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.