2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Metra MFK-7514-1 Navigation receiver — fits perfectly in select 2010-up Mazda 3 models at Crutchfield.com

I'm a bit curious about this one. I've never seen or heard anything about Metra headunits, but this one looks promising. I just recently purchased/installed a Pioneer headunit which works fine, but I'd definitely prefer an OEM look. I passed up one of the no-name OEM-looking head units because they appeared to be of highly dubious quality and they all lacked certain customization features and preamp output, something this one has. What do you guys think?

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Someone needs to try this out so we can see if it retains bluetooth steering wheel controls. That's my biggest concern and reason why I don't want to switch headunits. I don't want any dead buttons on the wheel and the handsfree calling works really well for me. My last head Apline kinda blew when it came to phone calls.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone needs to try this out so we can see if it retains bluetooth steering wheel controls. That's my biggest concern and reason why I don't want to switch headunits. I don't want any dead buttons on the wheel and the handsfree calling works really well for me. My last head Apline kinda blew when it came to phone calls.
I agree. The audio controls are great, but I dont want my bluetooth controls to become dead. If they work, I will probably make this purchase eventually.

·
Registered
437 Posts
From what I've seen most HU's can be hooked up with an adapter to use your steering wheel controls. I personally only end up using my steering wheel controls every now and then. It's always been easier to reach over an use the controls on the unit lol.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
From what I've seen most HU's can be hooked up with an adapter to use your steering wheel controls. I personally only end up using my steering wheel controls every now and then. It's always been easier to reach over an use the controls on the unit lol.
Yeah. I used an adapter to connect my last headunit to the steering wheel controls. What bothered me was that the up and down buttons no longer worked for preset radio stations, but instead just tuned the radio frequencies up and down. Major bummer as I use the steering wheel controls all the time. I really don't mind is headunit, since I use my phone for navigation, anyway. But if something came out that worked 100%, that would change things up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts