2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with them but I was looking into buying them and read that they were a good set for basic driving and some track time. I was mainly reading the reviews from a miata forum so it wasn't for the mazda 3.

I think if I had a choice of buying seperate lowering springs and struts or these coilovers, I would get these coilovers since they're height adjustable and have dampening adjustment. I've had the Megan street before on a different car and they were great quality and never had an issue with them.

If you do get them, make a review to let others know how they are.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good. I don't do any tracking with my car so they would only be street use. I would just love the ability to raise my car for snowboard season so I wouldn't have to worry as much and then be able to drop it back down low again after. If anybody has any experience with Megan's at all let me know!

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
They'll be like any other cheap coilover set. Good for spirited driving and some track use. I'd buy any coilover set up over spring set up since I've been both routes now. There really aren't many differences between cheaper coilover sets besides slight quality differences and some spring rate difference. Other than that they'll all do the same basic things. get whatever.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any idea about how these ride? I am on road magnet 1.25 now and love how it rides and handles so would love for it to stay similar to these.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Any idea about how these ride? I am on road magnet 1.25 now and love how it rides and handles so would love for it to stay similar to these.
What are the spring rates on the coilovers? My guess would be max 8k but I'm going to go with 6k/4k or 6k/6k. Which if you turn down the damping to really soft you probably can obtain similar ride comfort but a little better handling. You have to sacrifice something if you want a car to look better, handle better, or perform better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know how spring rates so is that a good rate to keep the car close to stock or close to my springs now?

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
With those rates there won't be much of a difference in the rear comfort wise the fronts will be a bit stiffer just need to adjust damping down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts