2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if I need to purchase a brand new bearing or if using used autoparts would be ok in this case? Thanks for all your input!
2010 Mazda 3 2.5L 136K miles 4Dr-Hatchback.

·
Rubber side down
268 Posts
Just buy a new part. You will get more miles out of it. Bearings being a wear item means that a used part might just go bad in a few miles. You don't know how or how long it was driven on and in what conditions.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
Hey guys, just wondering if I need to purchase a brand new bearing or if using used autoparts would be ok in this case? Thanks for all your input!
2010 Mazda 3 2.5L 136K miles 4Dr-Hatchback.
wow for that price.... you can replace the trailing arm, buy a new bearing hub and 1 tire

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you take the bearings, or just photos of the numbers on the side, to a bearing shop you will be able to buy quality equivalents, from SKF, Timken, NSK etc for a fraction of the Mazda cost.

·
My Other Car is a Holden
81 Posts
There are new SKF front bearings on RockAuto for $109. If you need rears, there are plenty of quality options, often times they are all the same part.
I've bought "Timken" bearings for my GTO, opened the box to see SKF etched into the back of it, and the OE bearing that came off also said SKF in the same spot. OEM quality is often available from the OEM directly, not just the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts