2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I used to be part of a BMW forum in the past. Bimmerfest! If you guys own an E46 by any chance. I recommend going to them. Anywho, on that forum we had something called a Bimmerwiki. Basically, and all in one place for DIY's, problems that may occur, fixes, what types of batteries to use, brakes, wheels, etc.

I'll post the link here.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_E46

I found this to be extremely useful and helpful. It had all the information I needed right in one place. Didn't need to wait for a response from a forum member (not that you guys aren't great or anything) it was just there.

Of course I'm not saying we should do this. Just an idea that popped into my head when looking into this forum.

Also, the way it was setup, was that anyone who was a forum member could sign in to that will using their existing bimmerfest forum login and edit whatever they needed. It's just an idea. Not sure what you guys may think about it.

Thanks for taking the time to reading this.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I could see how it would be very helpful when someone is looking for answers. It certainly would facilitate finding what is needed without having to do a lot of searching through variously scattered posts. Or, asking the questions again.

However, it would take a lot of time from a dedicated individual(s) to organize all that information.

Volunteers?

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
I'd be happy to contribute in any way I can. I'm doing a few "first time" mods for the Gen3 so I wouldn't mind recording/taking pictures of some of the stuff I'm doing to contribute to the wiki, along with some information I've gathered over time. Wouldn't be that difficult to start a little wiki page using one of those "Create-A-Wiki" things, or if you can find someone proficient in web design who's willing to volunteer the time that would work as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts