2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys
I just installed a prosport boost gauge on my 2012 mazdaspeed 3. it looks and works great and the install was pretty easy and fast.

comments wellcome. not the best set up but looks clean. i didnt want to punch any wholes in the car.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Clean install and excellent write up. The Evo gauges are nice cause they have the sweep on the outside and the digital read out on the inside. Someone really needs to come out with a clever stealth mount for gauges on the Genpu though. I don't really like any of the mount options presently available.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know what you mean. this one i got it at glowshift really cheap. and it gets the job done. the pillar pods out there are only for 3 gauges

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
There's a guy on MSF that make a single and double pod that clips into the vent. His name is blockhead8. His work is pretty nice and the price is reasonable.
Mazdaspeed Forums

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
damn I didnt realize you could run cables from the engine bay to the cabin like that. I kept trying to fish through the hood cable release gromet and never got it. Now I can continue my project :D

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody know about column gauges?? where they are located on the column of the drivers side between the window and the windshield??? Anybody know where i can get a writeup of how to do that and where to get the parts??
its called pillar gauge pod. i"ll be doing that soon. its pretty easy. almost the same as this one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good write up.........But those wires you ran through the door , question, if the weatherstripping is put back in place it bends the wire against the door when you close it. I tried it with one wire as well and I didn't put the weatherstripping back all the way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put my weather stripping back.

·
Registered
260 Posts
WTF....Nooo... Just no....
Do not run your wires like that.... Come on now. That's how you pinch them and eventually break them. Wire them through a hole in your firewall and do it properly. Come on now.
Unless you want shorted out fuses everywhere...then go ahead and do that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.