2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to go have some fun in my MazdaProject show car at the local Redlands Mazda meet and take it for a spin to see how it compared to speeds in a cornering course. It didn't do too shabby with a time of 50.4 on a 3 lap run. The best time for the day i believe was 45 something by a 2.3 first gen sedan. Here are some pics of me and some good friends going for a spin. Us show cars still like to go zoom zoom every once and awhile lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Love the pics.. even that lil' ol Miata.. reminds me of the one I used to have.

Just out of curiosity, what's your wheel&tire setup?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That first gen that has best was Gramps huh?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol everyone is not getting battles at least not around here much less on the sedans, I have only seen a handful of hatches running them, guarantee you won't find another sedan running my setup much less any second gen sedan stanced like it. Out of all the shows and meets I've been to around here I have only seen 3 other cars with them. I don't base how popular a wheel is via forums but what everyone is running locally. Besides there is no another second gen sedan on 18X9.5 +15 offset battles running -5 camber in the rear and -3 camber in the front that I have seen anywhere via forums or in person. When I see them all the time at shows and around Cali I might consider switching it up a bit but for now still the only stanced second gen sedan with them in all of Cali until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Oliver it was Gramps killing it on the course and beating out the ford ST that was there. Funny watching Gramps kick the ST's ass lol

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yes Oliver it was Gramps killing it on the course and beating out the ford ST that was there. Funny watching Gramps kick the ST's ass lol
Well yah... Its not about hp to win... Also.. Gramp's car is a beast in twisties...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts