2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda6 19" Hyper Silver wheels

Just finished installing and cleaning. Love them!

Eibachs going on in the Spring time -- that'll finish the look

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics on the flush wheels and fender. I honestly may try a 5mm spacer in the rear, but I'm completely satisfied with the front.

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do look verrry nice. Now, go test them out!
So far so good. Went on a good 40+ mile drive with them. All sorts of road as well as 75mph highway for a good chunk. I honestly do not notice any notable difference, and believe me when I say, I'm critical about this type of stuff. Just do your 19s and be happy about it. And while you're a Michelin man, I can't speak to Michelin on 19s. I can only speak to these awesome Contis. I'll keep you posted if I start to notice anything on my normal commute. That'll be the true test since I take that route every day and know where every single crack in the roads are.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
198 Posts
So far so good. Went on a good 40+ mile drive with them. All sorts of road as well as 75mph highway for a good chunk. I honestly do not notice any notable difference, and believe me when I say, I'm critical about this type of stuff.

Missed seeing this important post until now. Great news, and I **really** appreciate your mindful feedback. Could be a game-changer.

Are your rims gunmetal? Can't tell from the pics – the finish looks the same as the standard 3 GT.

I love the gunmetal, and had commented to my salesman that I wished the Mazda6 gunmetal wheels were available for the Mazda3.

Oh God, more money… need to be careful what I wish for!

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Missed seeing this important post until now. Great news, and I **really** appreciate your mindful feedback. Could be a game-changer.

Are your rims gunmetal? Can't tell from the pics – the finish looks the same as the standard 3 GT.

I love the gunmetal, and had commented to my salesman that I wished the Mazda6 gunmetal wheels were available for the Mazda3.

Oh God, more money… need to be careful what I wish for!
Lol. I'm happy to help where I can.

They are the gunmetal (or hypersilver -- however you refer to it). Here are some more pics. I think the sun was hitting them so hard as it was setting, the shine was a little misleading. Here's some more pics I took this afternoon. It's hard to get a good pic this time of year with the snow on the ground. The reflection of the snow just gives a false appearance on dark colors. Gunmetal is one of those notorious colors that take on the hue of whatever color is bouncing off of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
They are the gunmetal (or hypersilver -- however you refer to it). Here are some more pics.

Your latest side profile pic really shows them off nicely. I'll snag a part number and start shopping. But in the end, it'll come down to whether there's enough bang for the buck. Still, really gorgeous – and perfect for the vehicle.

Edit: The Mazda6 GT wheel is a carryover from prior years, correct?

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your latest side profile pic really shows them off nicely. I'll snag a part number and start shopping. But in the end, it'll come down to whether there's enough bang for the buck. Still, really gorgeous – and perfect for the vehicle.

Edit: The Mazda6 GT wheel is a carryover from prior years, correct?
Not sure I understand your last question there Steven. The M6 GT Wheel has been around since the new 2014 model. It's a toned down wheel from their Shinari Concept (google it). You'll see the Shinari wheels (while very aggressive and flared) have striking similarity to M6 GT Wheels when placed side-by-side.

Additionally, on the way to work this morning, the ride was identical with the 19s with 40 series sidewalls as the 18s with 45 series sidewall. I could notice absolutely no difference. So feel confident if your decision to go with 19s continues to be a consideration.

Reactions: stevenvillatoro

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
@Chazzy J, that is really good news. The overriding good news! Might part of your ride similarity with your large wheels be that you have better new tires, and they are "making up" for the slightly lesser sidewall.

Very glad to hear that your beautiful Mazda 6, 19's are not just working, but are working well for you!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Very nice! I would love to find a set of these next year. My current setup on my '14 sGT sedan is SUMMER: Rx8 wheels 18x8 with 235/40 BF Goodrich GForce Comps. WINTER: OEM 18x7 with Conti DWS06 225/40. I think the 6 wheels look killer on the 3. Lowered on BC Coilovers recently after being on H&R Springs and Koni Yellows.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts