2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something that came across the Autoblog/Digg circuit a while back. In case you haven't seen it yet, Mazda3s have been apart of a recent theft spree due to a design defect that makes it easy to break the locks on the car by kicking a certain part of the door.

Check out the full story here at Autoblog!

·
Registered
835 Posts
cuz of the damn deer, my door was jammed shut....

·
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol they are breaking into the cars to steal what's in them, not the car itself. ;)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
haha i heard about this, they can just kick the door to make it unlock and get right in, they could drive it but its very hard get it to start with an automatic default in cutting the fuel line once the car is trying to get hot wired, i think thats how it triggers it im not completely sure

·
Registered
83 Posts
that article is a year old. and thieves aren't that interested in stealing the whole car. no one joyrides in a mazda3, and there isnt a huge market for stolen parts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
WhatItsLikeToBe3 said:
lol they are breaking into the cars to steal what's in them, not the car itself. ;)
Ok... and I don't have anything of interest showing in my car... Unless somebody wants to steal an umbrella or a hoodie...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts