2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I would say yes, it is a great install. When turning corners at a decent speed the car feels more planted, less understeer and overall better handling for the car. However, I did not upgrade my endlinks so im getting a knocking sound when I am going over bumps, other then that I highly recommend upgrading your RSB.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Installed the stubby antenna from Corksport. I like the shortness of it and it does lose some reception but I dont use the radio too much. Also cleaned the engine bay a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here are some pictures of the rear Bayson R lip with the corksport mud flaps. Also don't mind all the little dinks on my bumper, I blame all the people who can't park lol Gonna get that painted soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Got a couple of things done today, installed 3rd LED brake light from Speedline, super easy install, took me like 5 minutes haha. Looks much better, however the picture I took were during the daytime. FYI car is super dirty haha.

Also bought some wheels off a guy, Enkei gtc01 18x8 Offest 48. Tires are Nankang Noble Sport NS-20 225/40/18. Will get them on the car probably next week. Just a sneak peak with the wheels haha.

Next week I will also get Diode Dynamics fog lights in HP48 Cool white 6000k. Cleaning out Corksport air filter. Redoing my tail lights. Had them painted with vht nightshade but did a pretty crappy job and I didnt clear coat them so its starting to fade already yuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finally got the wheels on, decided to do it today with some daylight left after I got home. I must say, the wheels are growing on me. The genpu wheels will be my fall/winter wheels.

Next up, fog lights are coming in, might lower the car back down a tad bit. Going to re spray paint my taillights once the clear coat comes in.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got my tail lights re sprayed a few weeks ago and finished it off with some clear coat so hopefully it will last longer than my last attempt. Also got the stock RMM removed and got the E-Focus RMM in, vibrations are noticeable as I have only driven it a few days, waiting for that to settle in. But so far feels close to stock.

Next up, possibly wrap roof glossy black, wait for BMSPEC for their next splitter with the undertray, and then either tune or swap out my front seats to Corbeau

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No new mods for the time being, gotta start saving.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Its been a long 6 months hiatus from here, thought I post some pictures of some updates that happened.

November - Ended up selling my genpu wheels and my GTC01. Got myself some RPF1's, super light and love them on the car
December - Got into an accident I was on the far left lane and this lady was making a right turn into the direction I was going and she turned out and went all the way into my lane and I couldn't break in time. Had the car in the shop for almost a month. Had the Hyundai Sonta as my car rental for the time being. Did not really enjoy that car haha.
January - Got the car back feels good to drive my car again.
February - Decided to go ahead and plasti dip my rear valance black. It took me 2 tries as the first time my taping was not very good. But overall I really like how it looks, may eventually get it painted.

Upcoming - still waiting on the corbeau seats and possibly if I have the money, get GTAretrofits to get my headlights looking all fancy.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Haven't done too much to the car as of late.

Got some work cr kai but the offset was too low and was rubbing a bit in the rear on decent dips. Hopefully I will get to trade them this upcoming weekend.
Sold my Rallyarmor mud flaps since I lowered my car another 1/2 inch and it started rubbing too much.
Not too much left to do on the car. Planning on getting a miata na in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Car looks damn good bro.

Miss having my white cr kiwami reps. Lol. Such a pain to keep clean though. Seeing your car makes me want to go back to white on black. Haha

Planning to wrap my CR2P reps spokes with purple matte chrome vinyl & leaving the machined lip.

Just curious, what’s the specs on those? I’m running 18x9.5” +7/F & +2/R AodHan DS02s on 215/40 tires. I too rub, mainly only dips & long sweeping turns above the 40mph mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Car looks damn good bro.

Miss having my white cr kiwami reps. Lol. Such a pain to keep clean though. Seeing your car makes me want to go back to white on black. Haha

Planning to wrap my CR2P reps spokes with purple matte chrome vinyl & leaving the machined lip.

Just curious, what’s the specs on those? I’m running 18x9.5” +7/F & +2/R AodHan DS02s on 215/40 tires. I too rub, mainly only dips & long sweeping turns above the 40mph mark.

Thanks man.

Yeah the white wheels are cool but pretty hard to keep white. But they aren't the original color. The previous owner painted them white, so they are not the best haha.

Oh nice I wanted to get purple wheels but decided not too haha.

These are 17x8 +32 all around. I mean its not too bad, I could adjust the camber for the rears but I really like my rpf1s. Dang you are running a pretty aggressive. My tires are only 215/45 up front and 225/45 rears.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lol. I wanna go a little more aggressive in the rear. Originally wanted 10.5” +22 rears, but changed my mind before ordering my set. Ended up throwing on a 20mm spacer to see what I had to work with, & pleasingly enough, it’s workable. Haha.

Looking to pick up a set of camber arms to dial in the rear camber a little better. Sitting at -2 front & rear with stock adjustments & Tein S-Techs. Got 2” fender flares to alleviate the mexi-poke I had.

Wish I had the pre-facelift 2nd gen. I prefer the front bumper over the redesigned one I currently have.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Lol. I wanna go a little more aggressive in the rear. Originally wanted 10.5” +22 rears, but changed my mind before ordering my set. Ended up throwing on a 20mm spacer to see what I had to work with, & pleasingly enough, it’s workable. Haha.

Looking to pick up a set of camber arms to dial in the rear camber a little better. Sitting at -2 front & rear with stock adjustments & Tein S-Techs. Got 2” fender flares to alleviate the mexi-poke I had.

Wish I had the pre-facelift 2nd gen. I prefer the front bumper over the redesigned one I currently have.

How much poke are you getting with the spacers? Do your flares cover up the poke pretty well?

I think im at -2 up front and in the rear is about -2 as well. Although I just found out one of my camber arms is dialed more like -3 so its a little lop sided haha. I only found out when I threw on the Work wheels. One wheel was sticking out like half an inch and the other was tucked in a bit. Need to get that changed soon lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How was the HID conversion compared to the stock bulbs?
The HIDs were nice however like many have mentioned the light does spread out more and its not as focused. I actually got into an accident a few months ago and the shop that my friend owns was fixing it and he got me LEDs instead. It's much more focused than spread out like HIDs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How much poke are you getting with the spacers? Do your flares cover up the poke pretty well?

I think im at -2 up front and in the rear is about -2 as well. Although I just found out one of my camber arms is dialed more like -3 so its a little lop sided haha. I only found out when I threw on the Work wheels. One wheel was sticking out like half an inch and the other was tucked in a bit. Need to get that changed soon lol.

Uhm...I have quite a bit of poke. Lol. This pic is of my older kiwami reps. Specs were same except offset was +29/F & +19/R. Poked maybe a good 1.5”-2” past the fender.

This is how she sits now with the 20mm spacers in the rear. Tire is completely covered & only the lip sticks out a bit past the flare.

These universal flares did a pretty damn good job. Rubbed the front & rears to hell & they look lopsided now, but they served their purpose well. I got some FRP fenders off eBay from Russia I think. Much more sturdier but I’m pretty sure less forgiving than what I have now. Only reason why I bought these is because it covers the entire fender...even though I’ll be chopping some the back half of the flares for that “track type” look. Lol. I enjoy seeing my tire tread poking out the sides of the vehicle, so ima out those flares on & take off my Rally Armor mud flaps.

Should check out my build thread sometime. I usually update whenever I add or change something to the vehicle. I got a lot of parts on hand, just rarely have the free time to install.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Uhm...I have quite a bit of poke. Lol. This pic is of my older kiwami reps. Specs were same except offset was +29/F & +19/R. Poked maybe a good 1.5”-2” past the fender.

This is how she sits now with the 20mm spacers in the rear. Tire is completely covered & only the lip sticks out a bit past the flare.

These universal flares did a pretty damn good job. Rubbed the front & rears to hell & they look lopsided now, but they served their purpose well. I got some FRP fenders off eBay from Russia I think. Much more sturdier but I’m pretty sure less forgiving than what I have now. Only reason why I bought these is because it covers the entire fender...even though I’ll be chopping some the back half of the flares for that “track type” look. Lol. I enjoy seeing my tire tread poking out the sides of the vehicle, so ima out those flares on & take off my Rally Armor mud flaps.

Should check out my build thread sometime. I usually update whenever I add or change something to the vehicle. I got a lot of parts on hand, just rarely have the free time to install.

Thats some pretty good poke and your flares are just about right covering the tires. Do you daily your car as well? I daily mine and when I had the Work wheels on I would rub the rear almost everywhere granted im on coilovers and only have like a 2 finger gap. I'm not too into the poke maybe tuck the wheels in but not too much of a fan of that either. I like the flush look better lol. I also had mud flaps but took them off cause they kept dragging everywhere. But I did realize that my car got dirty much faster with all the water and dirt I was driving through.

I've been checking out your post whenever you post things up. Good build going on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I do daily my car. Lol. 6 out of the 7 days. My mud flaps drag too. Mainly over bumps or into parking lots which is another reason why I wanna get rid of them. Lol.

Crazy thing is, I wanna go lower than I am now. Haha. Gonna chop some dead coils off the Teins for now until I pick up a set of coils...or bags.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts