2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - I have a 2017 Mazda 3 SP25 GT in Australia with Leather seats and absolutely hate them.

I was wondering if they can be replaced with Sparco or Recaro style seats? Anything I need to be aware of? I want them out ASAP.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi All - I have a 2017 Mazda 3 SP25 GT in Australia with Leather seats and absolutely hate them.

I was wondering if they can be replaced with Sparco or Recaro style seats? Anything I need to be aware of? I want them out ASAP.
My wife's taking delivery of an SP25 GT next week and we both hate the headrests. I'm thinking of replacing the seats, but I know from experience with my MB, that seats in modern cars are heavily integrated with the vehicle safety systems. Not just the seat belt alarm but passenger occupancy sensors in the seats themselves.

Before I replaced the seats, I'd need to be convinced that any subsequent safety system impacts could be successfully managed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Need a few things to align.....

..the bolts that attach the seats to the body
..any electrical connections (for the heating? active headrests? any other sensors?)

I'll take your leather seats :) Where are you located?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Do you just not like the leather, or the shape of the seat or specifically the headrest?

·
Registered
11 Posts

Picking up same car this week. I thought the seat were great! Have never heard a negative thing about them - interested in why you hate them so much.

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
Turn the headrest backwards, I do that for autocross helmet room or if I want to lay back and recline in the seat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Turn the headrest backwards, I do that for autocross helmet room or if I want to lay back and recline in the seat.
Thanks, that's been mentioned when I've been looking for solutions for the headrest problem -many people have also bent the two supporting rods. I'll look at option later this week.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Maybe try using the rear seat head rests. I don't have mine in the car but i think they are different sizes.
also if you have the head rest turned around and get whiplash in an accident you can bet its going to be a lot worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts