2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
agreed, the interior is on par with what you would expect in a luxury vehicle without a doubt. I did check out the new Civic hatch for comparison recently and could not believe how much more premium the Mazda 3 cabin is. The Civic just screamed cheap all around.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You're always going to have people that agree and disagree. I have a Mazda6 and frankly I think Mazda interiors in all it's car and CUV's are for the most part above the competition. The issue I have with Mazda is the feature content by model. A Touring 6 doesn't have heated mirrors or seats but the 3 Touring (With leatherette) does! How do explain that? Anyway, Mazda seems to be making a full "Fun to drive" lineup of good looking (Inside and out) cars that are reasonably priced. The only damning question is how come the much larger manufactures can't (Or won't) do what Mazda does?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mazda's 3 interior feel "Premium" IMO, despite the fact that it is an economic compact sedan.

With the 2017 model they have improved the cabin's interior a step further with very small refinements and improvements which we are pretty much aware of.

Compared to it's competitors at least here in Israel, for example, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra or Hyundai i30, it outshines them by a great difference. When my wife sat on the Corolla she said that it felt like seating on a wooden chair lol, the cabin design was ok but boring, nothing exciting. Seating on the Elantra, it just felt super cheap and without a soul. Do I need to mention that none of these cars offered Leather Seats...?

But then, when I first checked the Mazda 3 and sat on it, it just felt right... it was the perfect fit...a no brainer.

Mazda is doing something right with the interior design, just look at the CX-9, astonishing car interior.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nice to hear. I like it but am pissed off that the passenger seat doesn't recline. My wife and I switch off driving long distance, and I like to recline the passenger seat when I'm in it.

Car builders couldn't go wrong if they just copied the leatherette that Benz put in their 220D and 240D models. Have had both, 1st one through near 200k miles and 2nd one 26 years and 230k miles. Both interiors were virtually like new when I sold both cars.

Ralph

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Nice to hear. I like it but am pissed off that the passenger seat doesn't recline. My wife and I switch off driving long distance, and I like to recline the passenger seat when I'm in it. Ralph
Are you referring please to that the passenger seat does not have an electric recline? When I look at the Owners Manual, Section 2.5, it specifically mentions the steps one needs to do to manually change the angle of the seat, as follows:

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice to hear. I like it but am pissed off that the passenger seat doesn't recline. My wife and I switch off driving long distance, and I like to recline the passenger seat when I'm in it.

Car builders couldn't go wrong if they just copied the leatherette that Benz put in their 220D and 240D models. Have had both, 1st one through near 200k miles and 2nd one 26 years and 230k miles. Both interiors were virtually like new when I sold both cars.

Ralph
??? My passenger seat most definitely reclines, that is pretty basic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
??? My passenger seat most definitely reclines, that is pretty basic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I just ordered a UK Mazda 3. Does the front passenger seat of the UK Mazda 3 recline? The UK brochure states “Front passenger seat, manual height adjustment” but for the driver’s seat it says “Driver’s seat, manual slide, recline and height adjustment”. Surely, the front passenger seat reclines? Could someone with a UK Mazda 3 (cloth seats) please confirm?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Referring to the "recline" of the driver's seat, I actually used this last week when I was waiting for my wife and I took a nap, the seat reclines completely to the back.

The driver seat reclines with the power seat recline lever (Push the lever to the back), and the passenger's seat recline manually.

*Do not confuse the lever with the front/back and height lever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts