2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this Mazda3 hatchback for little over 6 years and I remember purchasing extended warranty that the dealership offered (fidelity warranty service). I used to drive daily for the first 4.5 years but lately I drive strictly on weekends. I've been regularly getting oil change and maintenance done at this particular dealership. Few days ago I took my car in for 60,000 mile service and the service center quoted me $600 for Major Service + Tuneup. I said yes to that and within the next hour or so the service center informed that they found oil leak and number of other issues (tensioner, valve cover, timing cover) and that the cost will be significantly higher. I mentioned that my car just sits inside the garage most days but he says it can still dry rot over time. I tried to do a quick search online on average cost for part+labor but gave up and reminded the service center person to use the extended warranty that I got 6 years ago ( 7 years/100,000). He came back half hour later with out of pocket cost of $1160 for parts+labor. According to him, the total cost would be lot higher if it wasn't for the extended warranty? Does this seem normal to you? Should I avoid this particular dealership in future? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,955 Posts
Just looking at the first invoice, that dealer is robbing you blind....$149 to turn the front rotors? You can get a new pair for less than that. As for the rest, read the maintenance schedule in your owners manual....and the attached document.....
Also, read your warranty and see what it covers, and if necessary call the warranty company and ask.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts