2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gathered some information from JDM Axela 22XD 4WD 6MT, USDM Mazda CX-3 AWD 6AT, JDM Mazda CX-3 4WD 6MT, and USDM Mazda CX-5 AWD 6AT.

I came to conclusion that I can use JDM Axela 22XD 4WD 6MT Transmission, attached transfer case, and fuel tank; USDM CX-5 AWD 6AT drive shaft, hanger mount; USDM CX-3 AWD 6AT rear diff, wiring, electronics.

There is ONE thing I need to confirm, that USDM CX-5 rear suspension cross-member can fit under the USDM Mazda3 FWD (6AT or 6MT).
To find that out, I need some brave souls to go under their cars and put a tape measure on basic dimensions of height, width, and length of the cross-member. Perhaps even the distance between the mounting bolts, etc.

Here are the pictures for the parts. I'll try to ask CX-5 people as well.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a contact in Japan who can buy JDM parts new and ship. He seems to have been doing mostly Honda stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You could try visiting a dealership, and asking the parts people if they can get measurements for you. I would suggest bringing donuts and coffee on a Saturday morning, as a form of incentive. I've had a lot of luck with the parts people at my local dealership, as they're usually willing to help

·
Diesel Killer
31 Posts
Please post the results after you finally finish it! I am looking forward to it :) and thinking about doing the same in my M3 in next two or three years. Please also submit all the costs you had, ok ?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
161 Posts
from what I found no one has done the conversion other than a user who post pics from his awd mazda 3 in Japan, and that's stock. tell us where this user is ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hate to resurrect such an old thread, but I am sitting in front of 6mt awd transmission and, by my measurements, it will fit if I make a bell housing adapter. Aside from
The sensors in the transmission, are there any other electronics that must be connected to the car? Can I just disable the clutch for the rear prop shaft and send a constant ? to the rear with a viscous coupling in place? It’s 750 dollars for this thing.. cheap.. is it worth the trouble? I know I would need cx5 or 3 parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts