2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought 2017 Mazda 3. It has FW ver 70.00.352. It did not come with navigation installed but it does have a navigation button.

I started reading about AIO, AA, and Navigation SD Card and I'm being overwhelmed with all the stuff I'm finding.
My questions to you:
  • If I by ~$30+ Nav SD Card will it work with my FW version? Is it as simple as just plugging SD card into the SD slot?
  • Another option is to get Android Audio but to do that, I read that I need to replace USB port with a new one. Why is this necessary and is there a post showing software installation steps after USB is replaced?
  • AIO requires access to TX/RX (UART lines am assuming here) to be able to install AIO which would give me options to do additional tweaks if I want to. How reliable this software is?
In the end, out of these 3 options which one is the best, what did you guys do?

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
149 Posts
Hi
1) Yes. Just insert an SD card. It works on all firmware. The main thing is that the seller is checked.
2) For official AA, you will need a new USB hub. After installing it in the application menu, AA and CP will become active. Additional software does not need to be installed in the CMU. Only on the phone.
3) If you plan to install AIO, I would recommend rolling back the firmware to 59.00.545 and installing AA1.14 from AIO. Then do not nead put a new USB hub! It works very well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just a note for option 2 - the firmware in the CMU needs to be updated before the hardware is replaced, otherwise the old fw won’t see new USB ports so no further update will be possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
1) Yes. Just insert an SD card. It works on all firmware. The main thing is that the seller is checked.
2) For official AA, you will need a new USB hub. After installing it in the application menu, AA and CP will become active. Additional software does not need to be installed in the CMU. Only on the phone.
3) If you plan to install AIO, I would recommend rolling back the firmware to 59.00.545 and installing AA1.14 from AIO. Then do not nead put a new USB hub! It works very well.
Thanks for explanation.
For option 3) is it possible to stay on latest fw ver 70.00.352 and do AIO + AA installation via serial tx rx lines, and not have to upgrade to new usb hub?

·
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti O
149 Posts
I do not know. Read first post:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You do not need the new hub+cables for inofficial AA projects (like AIO AA and AA V1.14b True_go) - that`s the main reason behind these projects I guess... that you can have AA for free (without having to buy the new hub/cables+install).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You do not need the new hub+cables for inofficial AA projects (like AIO AA and AA V1.14b True_go) - that`s the main reason behind these projects I guess... that you can have AA for free (without having to buy the new hub/cables+install).
That's what I wanted to hear. Besides being free another reason is that it seems bit more complicated to change usb hub. I'm afraid I would damage my car or would not be able to get stuff back the right way. I may just get SD card play with that a bit and then attach rx/tx cable and install AIO with AA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts