2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear forum,

I am having an issue with my car (December 2013) which I bought in Germany 2 years ago. A check engine light is displayed. Shortly after several more warnings are shown. After some time these extra warnings went away and I took the car to service. They have told me that there is an issue with turbo compressor. Then I remembered a service document that may be relevant and it appears that turbo compressor was replaced in September 2018 free of charge (1500 eur was discounted) even though warranty was already over. There was a new warranty of 2 years on this repair that has been recently over. I was advised to take the car to official Mazda dealer to have a look, and they might send a request to Mazda asking for a free repair. Then I took the car from the service shop and to my surprise there were no warning lights anymore. I called them, told this, and they said that this is very strange, because when they took the car from the box, warning was there! So I drove it around a little bit and about 1 hour later the engine check is displayed again. Shortly after (20 min) the other 3 warnings were also displayed (tire pressure, collision and skid warning).
Right now I am watering for diagnostics appointment at Mazda scheduled in 2 weeks. Meanwhile I would like to ask around, if anyone had similar problem.

The error codes that they saw were:

1) P2262 - Turbo compressor issue (this one remained)
2) P0471 - Exhaust pressure sensor range (this one disappeared)

TL;DR - turbo compressor was replaced 20k km ago (for free) and requires repair again.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If we don't know what the error code is there's not a lot we can say.
Yes, so they saw 2 errors, but one was erased.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yes, so they saw 2 errors, but one was erased.

Great, now we know a little bit. If you're not experiencing any issues other than these codes it's probably a faulty sensor.

Obviously more diagnosis is required. Just because the code has cleared on its own doesn't mean the problem is solved. Cars do not magically fix themselves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could it be due to low battery power? I see that outer temperature has been -8 degrees Celsius...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, now we know a little bit. If you're not experiencing any issues other than these codes it's probably a faulty sensor.

Obviously more diagnosis is required. Just because the code has cleared on its own doesn't mean the problem is solved. Cars do not magically fix themselves.
Loss of power is what I am experiencing. When car was out of service and light was not on - there was no issue with acceleration. Then again, light is on, turbo seems disabled.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This is not caused by bad battery. I would suspect sensor failed intermittently and that would put the ecu into limp mode. I have no way to know for sure.

Without some proper investigation and troubleshooting it's anyone's guess. Are you looking to try and fix this yourself?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not caused by bad battery. I would suspect sensor failed intermittently and that would put the ecu into limp mode. I have no way to know for sure.

Without some proper investigation and troubleshooting it's anyone's guess. Are you looking to try and fix this yourself?
I am not sure I have sufficient tools to fix that myself but I surely would like to understand the issue better, at least not to be blank, when real mechanic tells me something. If I could fix this myself that would be superb of course. How could I troubleshoot this issue? I have loads of time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have these warnings shown up immediately after starting the engine or let's say some minutes after starting the engine? If they all show up at the start or shortly after the start of the engine (let's say within 10 seconds), it may be triggered by the low battery power.

If not, then I agree that it may not related to the low battery power. However, since you have got three other warnings not related to this, I have been suspecting of the battery power. It may be a coincidence that you have temporarily had low battery power at the same time as the issues with the ECM-controlled stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have these warnings shown up immediately after starting the engine or let's say some minutes after starting the engine? If they all show up at the start or shortly after the start of the engine (let's say within 10 seconds), it may be triggered by the low battery power.

If not, then I agree that it may not related to the low battery power. However, since you have got three other warnings not related to this, I have been suspecting of the battery power. It may be a coincidence that you have temporarily had low battery power at the same time as the issues with the ECM-controlled stuff.
So the check engine starts immediately, but other 3 after about 30 min drive. If I turn the car off/on then these 3 are gone, but check engine ON.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little update, finally dealer took my car to check it. They have followed a troubleshooting guide and so far figured out that pressure sensor reading coming from DPF are incorrect and they conclude that sensor has to be replaced. They have ordered it, it costs 150 eur and will take 2-3 weeks to deliver. Meanwhile they said it is okay to use car, it's just you dont have good acceleration. I took it. However now DPF light started to blink, instead of being constantly ON. Any advice is appreciated...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Wow, 150 Euros for a sensor.

I hope it fixes the problem for you.

Emission controls on today's diesels have become legendary. In a bad way.

·
Super Moderator
5,985 Posts
A little update, finally dealer took my car to check it. They have followed a troubleshooting guide and so far figured out that pressure sensor reading coming from DPF are incorrect and they conclude that sensor has to be replaced. They have ordered it, it costs 150 eur and will take 2-3 weeks to deliver. Meanwhile they said it is okay to use car, it's just you dont have good acceleration. I took it. However now DPF light started to blink, instead of being constantly ON. Any advice is appreciated...
Well, hopefully the ECU doesn't read the blinking light as a problem. Usually when a DPF light goes from continuous to flashing that means the ECU is getting ready to put the car into limp mode.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts