2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tuned their 2.0L? I have a 2008 Mazda 3 itouring atx...wish i had gotten a mtx. The only things i have done to it is a muffler delete of the last muffler, a K&N hi flow panel filter, and the BuddyClub Condenser. I am hoping on getting the Corksport SRI soon, although i have been thinking of what all this would do to the Horse power at the wheels with a tune.

Please enlighten me on power gains, known companies that offer plug and play tunes, as well as just your overall input please.....yes i know its just a 2.0....btw

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did, couldnt find many actual Hp numbers/dynos for any of the engines. Another question of mine, is the 2.0 even possible of reaching 160, 180, or god forbid 200 Hp at the wheels?....without a turbo

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I did, couldnt find many actual Hp numbers/dynos for any of the engines. Another question of mine, is the 2.0 even possible of reaching 160, 180, or god forbid 200 Hp at the wheels?....without a turbo
160 to the wheels is reasonable with full exhaust and an intake with a tune but that's about it unless you plan on building the engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome but why is this question in the intro forum?
I'm still kinda new to this site so I don't know how to work it yet.

I would love to turbo this car because I think a lot can be safely squeezed outta the 2.0 engines. Although with mine at almost 79000 miles my car may not like a turbo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dont Turbo a 2.0L ...cheaper to supercharge . Turbo ..too much heat to deal with...just get a the last speed 3 and upgrade all the bits and parts around the 2.3L.and she will good.
My 2012 2.0L i think i am at almost 200 whp ...and with a supercharger (kraftwerk ..same used for a 2.0L mx5 ) you can squeeze another 100 hp. But you need: headers/CAI/Catback /and a proper tune... ..with all that power you have to think of slowing her down (upgrade the brakes and suspension / lowering ) its a big expense. You can do it stages over a few years. Im at 250K KM and she runs like new.
But seriously...you want to check keep your car like new (cold climates) rust proof every year with something like Krown Rust Control

1 - 9 of 9 Posts