2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a Mazda extended warranty for my Mazda 3 when the manufacturer's warranty expires in March - probably the Complete Cover Option with breakdown cover. I haven't seen the T&Cs yet but note the cover is sold by AWP Assistance UK Ltd and is underwritten by AWP P&C SA.

Does anyone have experience of claiming under this warranty and were there any problems? Can anyone recommend effective cover at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have bought one myself but don't think they're worth the paper they are written on, thankfully Mazda themselves are just quite good at still doing some repairs even after the warranty has expired. Let me explain why I'm saying this.... Basically my 3 year warranty ran out last month so bought one myself as think I've been a bit unlucky with my car, having quite a few niggling errors causing me to visit the dealership fairly often for repairs. So my folding wing mirror started playing up just before new year's but thought I won't flag it up until I'm due to go in for some work as my front brakes need doing soon. Went in last Friday to book in for my brakes and mentioned about the mirror and they said yeah there's a known issue with some washer/grommet being too big allowing water to get into the motor but it's not covered under the extended warranty which considering it's so minor I was shocked not to be covered. But as I said the mazda guys themselves at the dealership I go to are shit hot and said they'll fix it anyway and will do the other side as well as it's bound to develop the same fault in the end as well. In conclusion I'd say take the time and really look what is covered and I'd say just ask the guys at Mazda what actually is and isn't covered as there might be things you wanted to be and it could save you disappointment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts