2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing the Mazda Australia Accessories (thread can be found here: http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-mazda-3-skyactiv-discussion/54298-mazda-australia-accessories.html)
I felt that my other North American Mazda3 brothers and sisters would enjoy even more of how other countries are getting better options than us :(

But seriously, Mazda Australia, I want those Screen Integrated Front/Rear Parking Sensors

Now, onto what awesomeness Mazda UK has to provide...
• Most notably (drumroll please), we have an OEM Suspension Lowering Spring Kit! (Thanks XplosiV for mentioning it)
- Mazda3 Accessories
- $278 (converted from pounds)
• On top of that, is folding mirrors!!!
- Mazda3 Accessories
- $112 (converted from pounds)

Nifty Trinkets:
• Headrest mounted coat hanger (wtf, UK? wtf?)
- Mazda3 Accessories
• Cup Holder Organizer
- Mazda3 Accessories
• Road-Beer Cooling Box for Cooling your Road-Beers (seriously though, it is probably best that we don't get this one)
Mazda3 Accessories

Transport Accessories/Add-ons (Mazda3 Accessories)
Featuring:
• Tow Bar
- Mazda3 Accessories
• Tow Bar Adapter
- Mazda3 Accessories

Probably didn't mean to mention this one, but I was offended by it.
.....And of course, showing absolutely no love for 3rd-Gen iPods (those bastards!!!) we have:
• Bluetooth audio transmitter for iPod/iPhone
- Mazda3 Accessories

So, between the UK and Australia, we might be able to add on all the features we have been lacking.
• Folding-Mirrors
• Auto On/Off Headlights (honestly though, learn how to turn your headlights on, it isn't hard, and the headlights turn off automatically after an 'x' amount of time that you can set)
• Infotainment Screen Integrated Front/Rear Parking Sensors
• Tow Bar & Cables
• OEM Lowering Spring Kit
However though, I have the feeling that even though we might be able to buy these components and have them installed, I am worried that the electrical components may not be functional.
I have a feeling that there are infotainment versions made specifically for NA that do not include settings options for some of these features whereas versions in the UK/AU might.
In other words, what I'm trying to say is that while you might be able to get all these added to your car, your service technician may not be able to make them functional at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
However though, I have the feeling that even though we might be able to buy these components and have them installed, I am worried that the electrical components may not be functional.
I have a feeling that there are infotainment versions made specifically for NA that do not include settings options for some of these features whereas versions in the UK/AU might.
In other words, what I'm trying to say is that while you might be able to get all these added to your car, your service technician may not be able to make them functional at all.
I'll contact my dealer to see if it's possible for them to order the lowering kit and the folding mirrors, and have them installed. I agree that the folding mirrors might cause a problem though. The good thing about the lowering kit is that it probably won't void the warranty.

Anybody has more info on the lowering kit?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'll be heading to Germany in June and plan to pick up some parts for my newly-ordered Mazda3. Funny, my vehicle isn't supposed to come until August but I'll have the parts.....

Yes, I do wish Mazda offered the i-Stop, electric folding mirrors, headlamp washers, and front-parking sensors in the US. However, they can't get a sunroof in Germany nor a rear-view camera. So it's all a trade-off I guess.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'll contact my dealer to see if it's possible for them to order the lowering kit and the folding mirrors, and have them installed. I agree that the folding mirrors might cause a problem though. The good thing about the lowering kit is that it probably won't void the warranty.
I talked to my dealership about some of the Japanese options--specifically the cargo tray that includes protectors for the backs of the seats--and they said they couldn't order other countries' accessories. But then again, another guy said that once you get a part number, they can order anything, so who knows? (I'm inclined to believe they can't order non-US accessories, but that doesn't mean you can't get them. I've imported parts for my other cars, and I've never run into a problem installing them.)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I talked to the supervisor of my dealership's service techs last night, he doesn't know as much as the technicians themselves would, so he wasn't too much help, but he did say a few things that rang as valid in my ears.

I will now elaborate on the gist of my conversation last night and what I remember about it.

Although it IS possible that you, yourself, could order the add-on packages from another country (where as your dealership may not be able to), none of those parts will be covered under your warranty if something goes wrong with them.
Now, I don't believe that this voids any warranty on your car, just that you simply cannot get the parts you add-on replaced freely if they have issues. I am unsure though, on whether or not your warranty is voided if one of these components leads to causing another issue on your car.

Assuming that you have managed to order out-of-country parts, it is likely that your dealership will not install them for you. So you will have to find a 3rd party installer to help you... Honestly, I would ask if one of the Service Technicians could do something for you on the side, not through the dealership.

Then, as far as the electrical devices go, you reach a point where you start needing to pray that somehow your car's infotainment system will be compatible.
The chances are that it won't be compatible, so you'll have paid for the parts and the installation, yet you wont be able to use what you just paid for. Awesome, right?

Now, there is an off chance that you could use an out-of-country Infotainment updater USB drive to flash an international version of the software which might enable you to use the lovely add-ons you bought, but there is also a chance your car will not be compatible with that update and you could just brick your infotainment system altogether. I'm not sure how easy it would be to un-brick the system, and I'm not sure what having your infotainment system bricked would do to your car (you might not be able to turn your car on, idk), but regardless, I've lost a lot of hope for getting the integrated sensors now.

Your last chance, will be that your service technician just happens to be going to school in computer science/programming and knows how to program additional apps into the infotainment center. If this is the case, you better tell me where I need to go to find this mythical person.

Hope at this point is bleak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts