2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first ticket in the new M3. I had like a +2 point balance previously, had not had a ticket in 3 or 4 years. As soon as I get the mazda, boom, 16 over.

Same thing happened in my RX8, tickets started rolling in.

I know it's me, not the car at fault, just saying, seems like the cops notice me more all of a sudden.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Only time I got a cops attention was 30+ over and ended up with a court date. bought best radar detector after that. but other then that my car looks like a racer but no cops attention for me

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only time I got a cops attention was 30+ over and ended up with a court date. bought best radar detector after that. but other then that my car looks like a racer but no cops attention for me
Yeah this one is prepayable at least but i'll probably go to court to try to get it reduced a little. My brother suggested a radar detector, except he is in AL and I am in VA. I don't feel like having an illegal item in the car at all times.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
no problems here in canuck land. i usually drive 20km/h over. but then again, we have a LOT of these cars on the road. the new 3 has been insanely popular up here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I drove a silver 2004 Lexus ES sedan for 3 years.

That car had stealth technology that made it invisible to cops.

Only a few months after I bought my Mazda, I got pulled over for a non-traffic violation.

Apparently the police punched in my plate and realized it was tied to a guy with Asian last name. And he pulled me over because I'm Asian.

I'm thinking, "Did this guy just admit to me that he racially profiled me?!?!" lolz...

Probably didn't help I had 2 sketchy looking russian dudes with shaved heads in passenger seats. lol...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I did get a warning within the first month of having my M3 for +15 in a 35, but he got me right as the speed limit dropped and I was trying to keep cruise control on and decelerating with it to slow instead of actually braking...Nothing since then.

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Just got my first ticket in the new M3. I had like a +2 point balance previously, had not had a ticket in 3 or 4 years. As soon as I get the mazda, boom, 16 over.

Same thing happened in my RX8, tickets started rolling in.

I know it's me, not the car at fault, just saying, seems like the cops notice me more all of a sudden.
Well, you're driving a 425HP german beast sedan, of course it's going to attract more attention.

M3 joke aside, when this genthree first came out I got pulled over twice whereas I never got pulled over in my silver genone.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, you're driving a 425HP german beast sedan, of course it's going to attract more attention.
i know, every time i use that abbreviation, i'm thinking "I really shouldn't"

So i turned on the speed warning audio today. It's really not that bad. One reminder when you hit the speed limit and it shuts up. Although I think one of the tweaks I used killed the red light camera warning. That probably would have saved my rear this morning.

·
More free time than money
364 Posts
Got a +34 ticket in my car, and then got a passport max2. I could have gotten the detector for the cost of the ticket. It alerts me well in advance of speed traps.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I can probably claim the riciest car on the forum, my only ticket ever was from BEFORE I made my aero kit though. Don't drive like a dick (85mph weaving lanes) and the cops won't have a reason to pull you over.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I got pulled over by a radar unit in a little Texas town right at the city limits where the speed limit drops from highway levels. I was actually slowing down after noticing the speedlimit sign right ahead. He gave me only a verbal warning, so I must not have been that much over. I was running a dash cam on the windshield, so maybe he thought it was a radar detector and let me off for not trying to evade his efforts when he saw it was a cam. Who knows?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is so strange, I owned a Honda prior, and had 0 tickets. within the couple months of owning a 15' mazda 3, I got 1 warning and 2 tickets =(

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got 3 tickets in 5 years with my Gen1 sedan. It just liked to go fast, not my fault

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That is so strange, I owned a Honda prior, and had 0 tickets. within the couple months of owning a 15' mazda 3, I got 1 warning and 2 tickets =(
Glad to hear it's not just me.

I couldn't handle the speeding warning from the infotainment anymore, had to turn it off. I'll be OK i think just gotta watch the speed!

The ironic thing is, when i'm not driving the car in a "spirited" manner, i'm driving like a 98 year old woman trying to get the mpg app number to go up. So it's kinda all or nothing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Exactly! Depending on the day, I open the MPG app and try to get it to 60 or so. other times, its the cars fault not mine =p

Reactions: ElNino77
1 - 18 of 18 Posts