2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I bought the navigation SD card from Amazon (BHP1 66 EZ1K) for my 2017 CX-5.

The navigation card has 2017 maps inside and when I use Mazda Toolbox it says "the card is involved in fraudulent activity..."

How do I update the maps to latest version ?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not possible. You bought a cheap/non original sd card, which was generated/sold illegally, like stated in your screenshot. These cards can not be updated anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not possible. You bought a cheap/non original sd card, which was generated/sold illegally, like stated in your screenshot. These cards can not be updated anymore.
Thanks for the reply.

I will return the card if that's the case.

Any eBay/Amazon seller you know selling genuine working SD nav cards (Which can be updated as well) ?

·
Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
20 Posts
Hi,

I think the latest Version is ..... S that was sold at Amazon here in Germany. This ist data from Q2/2019 and no way to update

bye
Gruni

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does that mean all the SD cards sold in eBay/Amazon are blocked by Map manufacture servers ? That's is why the License Error message.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Thats most probably the case. Exception: An potential official offer of a Mazda dealer. But I guess they should be around 700 €/USD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thats most probably the case. Exception: An potential official offer of a Mazda dealer. But I guess they should be around 700 €/USD.
Here in US. Dealer is selling it for $400 + Taxes.

Seems like getting the $200 Apple Car play/Android Auto Kit is a better option.

If I install ACP/AA Kit. Will the HUD display stop signs & navigation signs ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello,

The navigation card has 2017 maps inside and when I use Mazda Toolbox it says "the card is involved in fraudulent activity..."

When you go to toolbox it should have your Vin number showing and press update. If not return it to Amazon or wherever you purchased it. I have bought amazon and ebay nav cards and some worked and some didn't. Depending on which model card you buy cuz theyre not all the same it's specific to each model ,#

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here in US. Dealer is selling it for $400 + Taxes.

Seems like getting the $200 Apple Car play/Android Auto Kit is a better option.

If I install ACP/AA Kit. Will the HUD display stop signs & navigation signs ?
No, The sign and speed info comes from the Mazda NAV info. When I purchased my new car I didn't get the signs until I activated the NAV card.
Though, I wish Mazda would support displaying the NAV and Song information on the HUD. I sure it's possible as I rented a Hyundai and used Android Auto which showed information in the small dash display.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello,

Do an Amazon return and label it as defective. Amazon will pay for your return shipping and refund your money. That's the great thing about amazon

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I will return the card if that's the case.

Any eBay/Amazon seller you know selling genuine working SD nav cards (Which can be updated as well) ?
Alot of the sellers on Amazon and ebay are reputable. Look at their reviews before ordering.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohhhh ok. I was gonna do that too but I didn't want pay over $300. I bought mine from Amazon for $50 and I get 3 yrs of free updates thru nav. It's probably cheaper than that now cuz my car is a 2018
If you find some on Amazon/eBay please share the link.

Do an Amazon return and label it as defective. Amazon will pay for your return shipping and refund your money. That's the great thing about amazon
Returned :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts