2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

881 - 900 of 921 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got it installed in my 2017 6 Yesterday in MA and could t be happier! Once Waze is updated for it I will be even happier! Called around and some dealers said all parts are to be held for 2018 models but found a dealer that would let me pay and do the retrofit on my 2017.
Which dealer in MA that you had this done in? I'm thinking of getting it installed in my 2014 3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally found a dealer that could get me in with my 2018 CX9! Her "sheet" says they could start on it after the 20th. Yay!

Another question: The Scion/Toyota iA version of the 2 seems like it uses standard MazdaConnect business...so it too should be able to take the same firmware and updated CMU, right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was quoted $399 + tax in dallas but I have to wait until 11/19
That's what I was told as well. I told them I was heading out of town on 11-19, and asked if I could get it done a day or two early to have it for my road trip. They were cool about it, and said I could bring it in at any time, which is how I got it done last Monday.

I'm really digging it so far. Just about every aspect of it is superior to Mazda's infortainment software. It's smooth, with no lag at all. The audio quality of phone calls is WAY better as well (I've had issues for about a year when I got an iPhone X I was never able to resolve until now). The only negative I can think of is that I really liked how street names would display at the top of the screen in the Infotainment system even if you weren't in navigation view. The carplay display does not do this. It's a pretty small price to pay for everything else being better though :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally found a dealer that could get me in with my 2018 CX9! Her "sheet" says they could start on it after the 20th. Yay!

Another question: The Scion/Toyota iA version of the 2 seems like it uses standard MazdaConnect business...so it too should be able to take the same firmware and updated CMU, right?
The Scion/ Toyota iA does use the Mazda connect, yes you can update to v70 and buy the carplay/android auto kit and install and use it normally, currently the Stock firmware is not on the internet, so if you do this you would not be able to go to the stock firmware, you can use the AIO tool to make it look like the original firmware if you like.

·
LuegSkywalker
9 Posts
Well, I got mine done today, Nov. 22, for $500 at Hiley Mazda of Hurst (Fort Worth, TX). I love it. It's fast and beautiful.

What I don't like is Mazda's obsession with turning off the touch screen ability while the car is in motion. Forcing us to use the console knob to navigate the screen takes our eyes off the road longer than simply reaching up to hit a big visual target. Yes, the should turn off the on-screen keyboard which is the real dangerous distraction. But watching the screen as you navigate the highlight is dangerous. Apple and Android have already done a good job of making the controls big and obvious. You can, however, use Siri to open apps.

One hint is that on CarPlay, you can get to the home button on the screen by giving the knob a good twist to the left which always gets you to home and stops.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One hint is that on CarPlay, you can get to the home button on the screen by giving the knob a good twist to the left which always gets you to home and stops.
Or just short press the middle button on the commander...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got my CX-5 done for $346. The dealer had just sent out discount coupons for service and parts and they accepted one coupon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Forcing us to use the console knob to navigate the screen takes our eyes off the road longer than simply reaching up to hit a big visual target.
It probably is a personal thing, but I touch and operate the console knob without thinking about it or searching for it. I myself find it a lot easier than have to look at the touch screen to touch the right spot on the screen.
With the rotary commander I don't have to look, but can do a lot of things by sense/feeling, and keeping my eyes on the road.

In fact I find using the knob a lot easier!
But I agree, maybe they should leave the choice to the user.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
In fact I find using the knob a lot easier!
But I agree, maybe they should leave the choice to the user.
The knob is better than a touchscreen, but the whole system is far too distracting. They should get rid of the screen or at least move it out of your line of sight, and replace all the jog wheels and toggles with knobs and switches.
There should be a rule that no dashboard can be more distracting than the one in my 2000 Miata, or any other car I owned before 2000.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dear people
Any one know about maybe a new cable set:
C922-V6-606
I am trying to buy a kit for internet and I found a seller for internet selling a kit with (hub and cables) with these cables set.
Greetings

881 - 900 of 921 Posts