2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Mazda parts and labor more expensive than the same for domestic autos? I have heard that imports are always more expensive to fix, has this been your experience? This is not a question of reliability, just wondering if anyone has a basis for comparison that they can share.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I guess I should be encouraged by the lack of many replies, maybe it's a sign that few have needed repairs so far.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Never owned a domestic car. Owned plenty of Japanese and German cars and Mazda is certainly inline with other Japanese brands and comically lower than the Germans for parts and also a good bit cheaper for labor.

·
Registered
510 Posts
there's never cheap labour here in straya.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Labour rate can be lower or higher depending on how diffucult the car is to work on. One wonderful example is the first gen Renault Laguna. Timing belts are expensive things to change as it is. Then if you have to partially lower the entire engine package from the engine bay - it won't be cheaper ;)

But I think Mazda have quite ordinary prices on things you have to change, like pads, discs and such. They have been quite expensive on stuff you rarely change though. Like exhaust systems for example. But - yeah chanses are that you'll never change those parts anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts