2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caution: Lots of pictures ahead, lol

My parents had some extra tickets for the American Le Mans Series @ Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, CA. I've never visited this track yet so I thought it was a no-brainer to go.

They had all sorts of cars racing before the main event, Le Mans. Besides Mazda 6s, they had one new Mazda 3. The commenters were saying that due to the bigger bore 2.5 engine on the 3, it had some restrictions as the other cars in it's class (BMW 3 series, Acura TL, Honda Civic, Mazda 6) had smaller engines.

Below are the pics I was able to get of the Mazdas:

Mazda 3 engine

Zoom-Zoom: Mazdas at Speed

RX-8 Pacecar

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I can't explain how jealous I am right now. I've never been to the track before either, but way before I bought a Mazda, Laguna Seca was by far my favorite track. Plus to be able to see some races there, and to see some bad ass cars is so cool!!!

Did you guys notice the front tower brace in the engine bay? It is probably part of the roll cage, but I remember someone saying that the stock set up was good, and now I think if the racers are changing it, then there is room for improvement for an aftermarket piece too!

I'm not sure why, but I think it's funny that they left the stock mirrors on with the turn signals built into them. Are they really going to signal their intentions to turn while they race?!?!?! LOL

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Great pics ! Wish I could have been there......thanks for going and reporting back !

·
Registered
987 Posts
wow...i wasn't a fan of the sedan's looks until now. shut my mouth, that car is sexy!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
wow...i wasn't a fan of the sedan's looks until now. shut my mouth, that car is sexy!
I honestly like both. I just thought the 4-door was more for me, even though the hatch is hott!!!a

1 - 8 of 8 Posts