2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
look at the link you quoted in the package is the wifi tweak... also read the index of the infotainment project...
Can you # out the tweaks you dont need? I already have a few done, and dont want anything bad to happen if i try to run it again when its already been done. Or does it not matter?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can you # out the tweaks you dont need? I already have a few done, and dont want anything bad to happen if i try to run it again when its already been done. Or does it not matter?
how should i named the tweaks you don't need?

1. i don't know your preferences
2. i don't know wich one you installed so far

but as far as i can say, nothing bad happen if you try to run it again and again and again and again :)

try to understand what the script does

it changes things from "0" to "1" so when you again overwrite "1" with a "1" the result is still "1"

·
Egyptian Driver
78 Posts
The package has instructions on how to apply only select tweaks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tested and it works fine.

Phone used Nexus 4 rooted + Cyanogen 12.1

Issues:
-really hard to find the car's IP if tethered directly to an android phone, I found it using Network Discovery app. it's a hit and miss...
-WIFI settings do not stick like Bluetooth after car shutdown (v. ..753B Canada Wi-Fi enabled), I need to go back to Wi-Fi and re check the option every time ... maybe my car has a problem ... anyone has this problem? I remember on v33 I did not have this issue, it was on all the time like Bluetooth.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
329 Posts

Issues:
-really hard to find the car's IP if tethered directly to an android phone, I found it using Network Discovery app. it's a hit and miss...
-WIFI settings do not stick like Bluetooth after car shutdown (v. ..753B Canada Wi-Fi enabled), I need to go back to Wi-Fi and re check the option every time ... maybe my car has a problem ... anyone has this problem? I remember on v33 I did not have this issue, it was on all the time like Bluetooth.
I am on v55.753 as well and WiFi is off by default. I am not sure how to enable it automatically when car starts

·
Registered
40 Posts

Issues:
Were you able to get the audio from the video files to play? its the only issue i am having with this. any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts

Issues:

In the hot spot option, aren't you supposed to be able to see connected devices? That's how I found mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
@t3chn0m4nc3r- thank you, does it work when in tether mode, really wired how Android is handling clients, WI-FI is "off" and used for the tether process.
@nicholaschristian - Sound is fine just make sure you are in USB play mode and Pause whatever you are listening to, if you are in Radio the sounds will overlap, no bluetooth for this one, make sure the file is in the right format it might decode the video but no sound, I tested with the vid files from the infotainment project.
@jfong I can see it fine and it connects ...eventually :) , scenario is, I shut down the car and go for groceries come back start the car Wi-Fi is OFF and I have to re enable. Wired enough the other day was on after shut down ... no idea...

1 - 20 of 166 Posts