2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 3 days at Road America Indy Car event. Wanted to buy a Mazda hat and couldn't find any . I went to the Mazda hospitality area and saw a man dressed in Mazda attire . I told him of my desire to buy a Mazda hat since I had recently become a Mazda3 GT owner. He said " come with me, we'll see what we can find" . We first went to one trailer where he asked a guy if he had any hats left. No he responded, so off to the actual hospitality area marked "by invitation only" . "Wait here a minute will you" he asked. After about 5 minutes, he came out with , not a hat, but Two (2) 1/43 scale diecast models of the '16 IMSA Mazda prototypes!. .... "We're not done yet" he stated, and off to trailer #3 ...After a few minutes, the reward was mine. A beautiful Mazda hat. He said, these aren't for sale, they are the podium hats given to drivers of Mazda sponsored races! WOW...I, of course was over the moon, and couldn't thank MOE enough. I said I'm a Mazda owner for life and will share this with my fellow enthusiasts. What a great experience

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Everyone complains about their problems... Not many comment on the good things. Awesome!

I have a similar good experience. Was invited to one of Mazda's "Fuel your passion" test drive events for the new CX-5 where they were demo'ing the new CX-5 vs the old and a comptetitor (CRV). They also had the Miata on site for test drives.

I took a fellow car enthusiast friend and apparently we were a part of the busiest 8am appointment slot they've ever had. It turns out others also thought 8am on Mother's day would be the least busy time to go...

Anyhow we wanted to drive everything. I was especially interested as we just took delivery of our freshly ordered '17 CX-5 the evening before and I purposely hadn't driven it at all yet up to that point. (It's my wife's car, I was a passenger on test drives. I wasn't worried that I would / wouldn't like it. If she liked it that was all I needed to move forward).

Due to the popularity of the event, and my buddy and I were genuinely interested in comparing the new CX-5 to the old and the CRV (most were only driving the new one, or didn't care to try the old one) we ran out of time to drive the Miata. This was obviously a huge reason for us to go.

A quick & friendly conversation explaining my situation, why we were there, how I've bought 2 cars in a year etc and how I brought my buddy who was a Nissan guy and they held 2 of the instructors back at the Miata track after we were done with the CX-5's / CRV while the next group of people were getting their spiels from the instructors in the tents. My buddy and I each got to drive the Miata on the closed course after our time was expired with no one else around but the 2 instructors with us and they even gave us an extra lap. Was pretty damn cool!

Then the first person I talked to flagged me down again after, told me to expect a promotional mailing offer on our next purchase and suggested I contact Mazda to get my information as quick as possible (normally takes a few days) and get that back to Mazda / the dealer to see if it could be applied to the purchase that we took delivery of the day before... It took a few phone calls / emails between Mazda and the dealer, but the information was legitimate and after initiating the conversation between Mazda and the dealer about a week later I had a rebate cheque to pick up!

Needless to say I was also thoroughly impressed and thankful. My buddy and I were also given a Mazda branded swiss-army knife, decent quality too, but I think that was a token gift to anyone who attended the event and wanted one. I was satisfied enough with the semi-private, super "spirited" Miata drive and absolutely thrilled when I learned I got an extra $500 back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts